News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

About to purchase Topaz Savannah

Started by tully001, April 12, 2014, 09:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tully001

Dear All,

We are about to purchase a new Topaz Savannah and after spending time with Tom at Track Trailer are wondering which options to select.

We are considering A/Con, microwave, innerspring mattress, TV/DVD, external kitchen, gas heater and to opt back to the gas cooker over the diesel cooker.

We would like to hear other opinions before placing our order.

Thank you,
Ron

Dicko

Gday Ron
I am in the same boat as you are we were able to put down a 18 month price lock at 2013 price but 2014 top az we are getting a wood rack, right side draw, out side kitchen, 2 fans chose to leave out the air con a bit pricy we will be running a 39 ltr engle as a freezer. The diesel cook top would be nice but chosen to get the out side kitchen to do most of the cooking out side so could not justify the money for a diesel cook top good luck on your order.

Dicko
200 Series cruiser and 2014 Topaz Savannah.

frank

Hi Ron.
Congradulations on your purchase.
A/C, I have one, great when it's very hot. You have to keep the pop top down to get the full effect, & also 240v power or geny running.
We don't have a microwave, would be handy for reheating, defrosting, cooking vegs.
Mattress & TV are personel chose's, can be added latter.
External kitchen, we use the BBQ & a small gas three burner stove set up on a table. You have to consider the room you loose inside. Cooking inside dose get hot, but no bugs to contend with.
Not sure how the Savannah is set up, get the BBQ plumbed to the gas bottles.
Gas vs Diesel, havn't used diesel but other commets say they are great. I think the may reason for going to Diesel is the venting required for Gas. The door will not have vents which allow dust in.
If you are having a gas heater you may as well have a gas cooker. We some time use the gas cooker to heat the inside before going to bed or in the morning, causes condensation though. Ask Track about induction cookers?

I believe the fridge has been changed to a more effient one, a lot of reading on this site about solar & batteries. You need 180 to 240w of solar & two batteries.
We cryvac all our meat food & only run the front fridge at 4 deg c, a lot more effient on power & meat stays good for over a month. Also you can keep all the vegs & drinks in it.

Good luck with your purchase & happy travelling.
Frank
200 LC
Topaz
Where ever I park my Track,  that's my home.

greg

Ron,
We have just picked up our new Topaz which we took delivery of on the 31/3/14, it is our second Topaz and we optioned the gas heater and outside kitchen this time as well as the air con which works a lot better than the last one due to the new vents. Personally the outside kitchen is a great option which i would put on top of your list. The gas heater hasn't been tested yet but as we live in Tassie I am sure it will get used very soon. We use the supplied mattress but use a topper on it with on problems. We don't have a microwave and have never needed one.
So hope this helps in some way and good luck.
Cheers Greg

tully001

Dear All,

We have now purchased the new Topaz Savannah with help from Tom and David.  Tom spent time showing us a new Topaz they had  at Track Trailer.  David was very helpful in sending many photos and further information via Emails and the phone.  Many sincere thanks to them both, they are easy and helpful people to deal with.

Thanks to the Topaz owners that responded to my request for help in deciding which options to select.

We have settled on the Series II Topaz Savannah. 

The options we have included are: Wheels and tyres to match Nissan Patrol 2010 3lt. A/Con, microwave, innerspring mattress, TV/DVD, 2nd awning light over BBQ, toilet privacy screen, gas heater instead of diesel heater, gas cooker instead of the diesel cooker (the diesel heater and cooktop were standard in Savannah).

We are now eagerly waiting for July 15th delivery.

Thank you,
Ron and Dianne
8)

tully001

Dear fellow Topaz owners,

We finally picked up our new Topaz yesterday from TT at Bayswater. 
Many thanks to Lloyd for the comprehensive handover, I only hope we can remember all we were told. 
However, the Topaz handbook looks to cover everything.
We are looking forward to meeting other owners out there in the red dirt.

Regards
Ron and Dianne.