News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

MC2 Suspension overhaul - alignment

Started by Psimpson7, March 02, 2012, 01:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psimpson7

Hi Guys,

First post here. I have searched but couldnt find anything specific. I also spent about 4 days waiting to be able to post on the old track trailer forum after joining that, only realising now that it had been closed!  :-[

Anyway, I have an ex RAAF Track trailer with the MC2 that I have been making into a camper trailer (Cant afford a TVAN yet!). I removed all the suspension the other day and it is currently being blasted and having 2 layers of powder coating. All being well I should get it back on Friday next week.

I have read that there are instructions avaialble for putting it back together and setting the alignment.

Would anyone have these, or know where to get them from?

Thanks very much
Peter

Alpaca

Welcome to the Forum Peter.
Have you tried contacting Track Trailer direct. They may be helpful to you.
I recall reading something recently about suspension but wether it's relevant to your query I couldn't say.
Craig "The Hueys" frequents this site and he posted about cambers and set up recently.
He may answer your post when he's next on line.

Cheers

Alpaca
The Tug: 2000 model 100series Now Turbo'd Woo hoo Diesel even more woo hoo, now with intercooler
The Barge: 2006 Tvan

ChrisN

Hi Peter - welcome to the forum (from another newbie :) ).

I'd love to see some more photos of your trailer. I saw one (ex-Army) up at Davies Plain Hut on Australia Day, towed by an interesting Isuzu (I think). It certainly looked very capable.  I've just purchased a 2003 model Tvan and the suspension arms have already been sandblasted for me; on one side anyway!

Cheers!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Chris

2003 Tvan.  Nissan Patrol GQ.

Phil G

Alpaca,  I attempted to obtain wheel alignment info from Track a few weeks back (I was wanting to check my wheel alignment according to their method), but they were reluctant to depart with this information because of concerns over my personal safety.
Phil
2003 Tvan
2019 Landcruiser VDJ78 Troopcarrier

Psimpson7

Hi Alpaca,

Cheers. I have emailed Track via their website contact page, but haven't heard back yet. I didn't wan't to bother them on the phone straight away.

Hopefully someone does have the info avaialable if its not possible to get direct. If I have had no luck by the time I get the arms back I will try calling them.

Hopefully Craig may have some info.

Hi Chris,

Thanks! The front half had been on mine too!

I dont have a lot of good pictures really. Here's one from its first run out last weekend to Pebbly Beach behind my Disco. Normal tow car will be my Defender 90 so the fact it comes with the correct hub pattern and track is a bonus.

I probably do have a bit much time on my hands though so have been playing about with some custom mods..

If anyone is interested I can put up a few pics of progress, as I go, but i dont want to clutter up this forum.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for that, lets hope someone has the details, although as I am not changing anything, I cant see it being particually serious to just put it back together!

Cheers
Pete

ChrisN

Well I (for one) would certainly be interested to see the process on the mods program. If the pics indicate the standard you are working to for for design and construction, then we can certainly pick up some good tips by watching.

I guess the trailer came with a pintle hook hitch. Are you still using that?  What is a pintle hook like to tow with - I'd imagine it would be pretty noisy.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Chris

2003 Tvan.  Nissan Patrol GQ.

The Hueys

This is a difficult one for me due to intellectual property reasons. I can't send you a copy having been a former employee, as it may be considered stealing.

At this point in time it is best you contact Track's service department direct and try to get a copy from them. They are the same as Tvan.

However many copies were sent out to Tvan (and some Topaz owners may have a copy of the revised instructions I wrote mid last year) owners during my time at Track so someone here may have a copy they can send you.
Craig Hewitson
Former Track Trailer Service & Sales Manager - 2005 to 2011
MkII Tvan behind a Mazda BT-50

White Ghost

I have a copy of the instructions if you still require them I can send a copy no problems.
Gavin & Wendy
Tvan newbies, HAPPY and looking to the future, bring it on!
76 series wagon

Camperman2

White Ghost, could you post the information here?  Most Tvan owners live well away from the Track factory and it would be impossible for them to get back there for an alignment.  I would hope that any reasonable suspension mechanic (wheel aligner) could follow the Track instructions and carry out the work.  I am confident that my mechanic could do so.
Gordon
NT (2010) auto diesel Pajero (Cool Silver) being pushed by 2011 Tvan Murranji III with fridge box & dual batteries.

White Ghost

This document is 8.5MB, so I believe it can not be posted on the web page????? please confirm. Otherwise I am happy to email anyone who would like it.
Gavin & Wendy
Tvan newbies, HAPPY and looking to the future, bring it on!
76 series wagon

MYT150

White Ghost,

Send it to me and I will put it up.

Regards

Aidan
Aidan Cashman
Track Trailer Forum Administrator

Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel

Psimpson7

Thanks Guys, I got a copy and its all back together.

Is there a more suitable section for me to put up progress pics on this? General chat doesnt seem suitable, and there isnt a specific section for the ex RAAF stuff.

Cheers
Pete

ftg racing

sorry to mine an old thread but I am after a copy of the wheel align doc if somebody could please email it to me.
darren@ftgracing.com.au

cheers
Darren

Customized 2009 Tvan Murranji
2004 GU4 4.2ti ST-L

signmaster

I am also after a copy, it would. Be greatly appreciated if a copy could be emailed to me, steve@signsplus.com.au
Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gnome 52

I'm also after a copy too if possible!  email to-----   neilgknight@gmail.com   -----     thanks,  Neil
2011 topaz / 2005 4.2td patrol