News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Tvan Colours

Started by boobook, February 01, 2012, 10:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heifer Boy

Perfect!!    ;D ;D

I'll get myself a couple of cans and I'll be set with that. For me it's the sill trim and mudguard extensions that need repair (no nose box) and for continuity I'll also repaint the rear panniers while I'm at it to make sure the colours blend. I'm painting the wheels too as they are looking pretty horrible too. It will be a nice freshen up along with new sealant all around.

I'm thinking in the future I might repaint the interior panels white to lighten the mood a bit too but there's no hurry on that. I'll use the hatch seal as the dividing point between colours inside and out.

Thanks for your help.

Jim and Lyn

G'day Heifer Boy,
I'm going to do some hairline crazing in my mark II gel coat roof. How did your colors match up?
Cheers
Jim
Jim & Lyn
LC100, 1HDFTE and 2005 Tvan

Heifer Boy

I haven't done it yet Jim but should be finished by the end of next week.

I've drilled out all the pop rivets I need to in the roof and hatch (along with about 50 others around the van!!!) and now need to fill them. I'll very lightly countersink each hole, tape the back (inside), fill with thickened epoxy using a syringe and wipe them out to a depth of a few mm with acetone. When this sets up then I'll final fill the holes with the MagicEzy goop and finish off. It's only a tiny tube and I have about 20 4mm+ holes and a couple of cracks to fill and the roof is fairly thick in places which is why the epoxy is needed first.

I'll let you know how the colour works out.

Clancy2

Jim & Lyn,
the Mark II mainhatch is a different colour to the Mark 1. the Mark 1 is noticeabley creamier - read yellow - than the much whiter white of the of the mark II.
Like you I am interested to read how the hatch patching works out as I have some crazing/fracturing of the gelcoat around the hatch catches.
Cheers

Jim and Lyn

Hi Clancy
I have done anything about mine yet. I'm still hunting information about!either the color or how to match it. Sent. An email to track a while ago but haven't had a reply yet.
I may getmit done professionally but that offends my sense of doing it myself!
Cheers
Jim
Jim & Lyn

The Hueys

You could try contacting King's Fibreglass who make the roof and hatch.
Craig Hewitson
Former Track Trailer Service & Sales Manager - 2005 to 2011
MkII Tvan behind a Mazda BT-50

Jim and Lyn

Thanks Craig,
I'll do that! Appreciate the contact!
Cheers
Jim
Jim & Lyn

Jeffr

Annoyed at myself for mixing up the poles when setting up the the annex last weekend, I decided to differentiate the 9ft pole, and the 9ft from the 10ft spreader bar with colour.

I found that a spraycan of Dulux "Bright Delight" (from Bunnings), is a damn near perfect match for the orange trim used on Murranji TVans. Colour is so close that the vans trim appears as both slightly lighter and darker depending which orange trim component I compare "Bright Delight" to...

Hopefully somebody finds this trivia useful :)

Edit: I suck at spelling
Jeff & Judy

weonatvan

Me sux at speling two.

Off to Bunnings me go. Pity I didn't read this post earlier as I was at Bunnings yesty.  ;)
MK III 2012 Murranji,  MY14 auto rok (VW Amarok)

"You don't know, what you don't know"

Cheers dave

peter_mcc

At the top of this thread the dark grey colour was given as Interpon Sable Bass Matt ( Code GA297A)

Is that still the case - I may need to paint something to match the interior metalwork of a Mk 4 Tvan.

Can you get it in spray cans? Or do I need to find a powdercoater who will do it for me?

hulbyw

Interior of a Mk4 is Vivica Bass. TT have spray cans but they are quite pricey as they are a special mix
Cheers

wrose

Quote from: peter_mcc on November 29, 2016, 12:52:23 PM
At the top of this thread the dark grey colour was given as Interpon Sable Bass Matt ( Code GA297A)

Is that still the case - I may need to paint something to match the interior metalwork of a Mk 4 Tvan.

Can you get it in spray cans? Or do I need to find a powdercoater who will do it for me?

Hi Peter,
Did you end up getting any dark grey in spray can from TT?
Wayne and the Rose Circus
(Landcruiser 200 Series TTD GXL)
(2012 Tvan MK III Murranji, wheels & tyres matched to LC200)

peter_mcc

I haven't got that far yet...

The local Autolac store said they can mix up a spray can for ~$60 - they have a book of colours. The suggestion was to bring in a sample then pick the closest match.

At my current rate of progress I don't think I'll be getting my stuff powder coated for a few months - our Tvan leaves with friends on our adventure on 6th April. So much to do... so little time!

wrose

I got hold of Paul at TT about the dark grey in spray cans, here is his reply

"If you have a Topaz the colour s Vivica Bass
If you have a Tvan the colour is Anotec dark grey.
We sell both in spray cans around $45 per can."

A powder coater I use in Sydney, stocks the Anotec, and can powder coat things for reasonable pricing.
Wayne and the Rose Circus
(Landcruiser 200 Series TTD GXL)
(2012 Tvan MK III Murranji, wheels & tyres matched to LC200)

Harry Lissimore

If you google the vivica colours, Bass is not one of them and the surf mist that they have is bluish, not creamy white like the Topaz side colour.  I'm confused.  Does anyone actually have the colour codes for later model Topaz that I can actually use to get the right paint and the right texture ie matt, gloss, satin, semi gloss etc.
Formerly 2002 TVAN, now a 2015 Topaz Savannah and 2014 Isuzu MU-X LST. Now towing with a 2019 Toyota LC200 GXL.