News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

new topaz

Started by Dicko, September 21, 2014, 08:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dicko

Gday Harry the van whent well it handled the rough stuff really well. I did have 2 blinds fall off (front and rear) am going to replace the screws with rivet nuts(can't remember what you call them) and stainless steel screws found the screws could not tighten up letting the blinds move side ways .I do need to replace the entrance door hit a rock so next mod is a set of slides for it. Other than that we are happy with the fan and how it performed.
Dicko
200 Series cruiser and 2014 Topaz Savannah.

Auscgu

Dicko

Love the colours of your new topaz.
You have added some great mods, love the strip light.
I have taken my camper up the Holland track late last year and its not easy anymore.
I had fears the Topaz would struggle with rear clearance on that track.
I have plans to fit a rear slider system so would be very intrested in your mods.
I will spend some quality time under mine when I pick it up.
Good to see some WA Topaz owners see you out there.
Auscgu

Dicko

Gday Auscgu the Holland track was a great  4 days was a bit tight in some places especially the rear end .
Enjoy your topaz we love ours.
Dicko

Dicko

Made up a mudflap to protect the handbrake adjuster and replaced the led light over the kitchen.

Dicko

Using 2 holes in the over head locker to mount a bag for putting shopping bags in. No extra holes where made as the bracket was a perfect size for the existing holes.

Dicko

Fitted up a stone stomper today.

wrose

Hey Dicko,
I've just been looking at the pics of your rig and topaz, it looks the same as mine, but with a bigger growth hanging off its bum.
If I keep watering my Tvan, will it grow into a Topaz like yours??
Wayne and the Rose Circus
(Landcruiser 200 Series TTD GXL)
(2012 Tvan MK III Murranji, wheels & tyres matched to LC200)

Dicko

Can only hope wrose. Best thing I've brought for a long time bloody doors aren't cheep but $4g damaged to the door and rear1/4 panel.

Auscgu

Dicko have you made any progress with the rear protection. We received our Topaz on the weekend and I had a look under with a view to fitting a rear protection system. Was thinking about fitting a tubebar u-bolted to the rear drag bar and fitted to the second drag bar. The front could be attached to the upper shock mount and chassis. The issues is sorting the connection to the chassis near the shock mount. The rear water tank is behind in that area. What are you thinking so far.
Auscgu

frank

Hi Auscgu,
There is a thread on rear bars on page five under Topaz.
Frank
200 LC
Topaz
Where ever I park my Track,  that's my home.

Dicko

Gday Auscgu sorry for the late reply I'm looking at welding a mount onto the chaise next to the tank then bolting the sliders to that so they can be removed. Once we get home from up north I'll look into it a bit more.

Dicko

Replaced rubber seal around front storage lockers. Seem to keep getting water in the front boot c how this goes.

HappyTraveller

Mine leaked water behind the seals on both front doors. I fixed that problem by removing the seals and squeezing sealant in the whole length of the rubber seal where it pushes onto the metal bodywork.

I also found a leak at the back of the nose section caused by a leaky joint in the bodywork that slopes down to it. The water dripped down the side to the floor and then to the front area. Now that both problems are fixed everything is nice and dry.
TVan Mk5
Trakmaster Pilbara Extreme
Landcruiser 200

Dicko

Thanks for the info Happy Traveller I checked all the joins in the body work all looks ok see how this one works out if not I'll do what you have done.

jim walker

I have had similar leaks through RHS front door and from nose cone.
Fixed door by reseating seal so that joint was on bottom and using sealant around perimeter as did Dicko

Still a leak from near bottom of nose cone where it merges onto storage box. Drip runs diagonally across inside roof above fridge coartment, then down side and down into fridge compartment.

How did you manage to fix this bodywork leak on your Topaz ?

Thanks Dicko and Happy Traveller
JandG
Topaz 2
Toyota 200 Series