News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

new topaz

Started by Dicko, September 21, 2014, 08:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dicko

Hi Aidan it's made out of 1.6mm wall steel all I had laying around.
200 Series cruiser and 2014 Topaz Savannah.

Stubbsy2

Hi Dicko, what size bolts did you use to fix it to the slide?

Cheers Stubbsy
Ian & Kath
2011 GU Patrol 3.0 ST
2012 TVan Canning MkIII

Dicko

Gday Stubbey I used M5 bolts.

CJ

Dicko
Anu idea of how much weight you are adding with the mods?  Are you over your ATM of 2,200?
CJ
North Qld
TVan Caning Mk II '09 Sold, ready for upgrade
LC. 200 tow horse

Dicko

Gday CJ I haven't weighed the van but I would think I'm still way under. The only real heavy things are the rear sliders. It does get a bit tricky as we have the two tin lids as well so need to pack light for them and not bring the hole bedroom and toys.
Dicko

Dicko

Going over the van the other day and it got me thinking I better put it over the weigh bridge to c how heavy she is. Has any one weighed there's to c how heavy they are fully loaded.

Marora

Hi Dicko - we got our new Topaz 2 weeks ago and have steadily been loading her up since then and today went over the local weighbridge. We have the savannah gas with the tvan external kitchen option but no shower pod. With full tanks, and extra 40 litres of water in 2 jerries, a 1kv yamaha generator, the camec porta loo, an evakool 74 litre auxiliary fridge with some food and regular bedding and kitchen gear we came in at 2140 kgs (unhitched) - so not much to spare on the 2,200 ATM! Our compliance plate says our Tare is 1800, GTM 1980 and Tare ball weight 160kgs. Cheers Mike

Chuin

Hi Mike and welcome - good to see someone else in ACT with a Topaz. I've been putting off the weighbridge until i finish accessorizing but i think we will be somewhere around that weight. I have the option of leaving the fridge in the 4wd if it gets near the limit.

2018 Topaz Savannah/2014 Isuzu MU-X