News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

rearfold for an eagle??

Started by Alan Loy, December 31, 2014, 08:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Loy

I love the basic design of the Eagle (particularly the MC2 version) but would prefer a rear fold tent.  This would allow the use of the rear door to step up to the bed as well as fit in narrower sited.

Anyone fitted a rearfold or seen it done?

The Hueys

Due to the height of the boxes you would probably have to get a tent custom made but there is no reason why it wouldn't work.
Craig Hewitson
Former Track Trailer Service & Sales Manager - 2005 to 2011
MkII Tvan behind a Mazda BT-50

jetjr

yes the bed is very high, needs 4-5 step ladder
A few issues, rear doors are kind of tucked in, top boxes extend 200-300mm behind trailer
Would make access to trailer section tough

A Tvan Eagle??

Claws

Anyone know who made the original tents for the Eagles? I rang Sothern Cross Canvas and they quoted me around $5000 to have a new tent with awning made... Seems a bit pricey when you look at the price of a normal canvas family tent.
2013 Track Topaz, damaged... SOLD

Modman

I know all terrain camper trailers can make a tent to suit the height of an eagle
Have a look at rob and carols eagle from campertrailers.org
Very nice with wider floor space by about a meter, bigger awnings front and back, larger windows with screens, clears and huge flaps, 'safari roof' and screened vents down low.
Also an extra awning to double up front or back
I'm guessing it comes with walls as well
Trouble is it costs about $10 grand
Could get an oztrail modified for bout half that.....

I know what I'd prefer and I know what I could afford

David

Shaker

Quote from: Claws on February 21, 2015, 10:28:56 AM
Anyone know who made the original tents for the Eagles? I rang Sothern Cross Canvas and they quoted me around $5000 to have a new tent with awning made... Seems a bit pricey when you look at the price of a normal canvas family tent.

I think the original tents were made by Peter Bedggood.

Prado 120 GXL 1KZ Manual
Tvan Mk2 Canning
Australian Off Road Quantum
Swag!

Eelezy

Hey Modman..can you post the direct link to the eagle mods in Campertrailer.org please.
We have an eagle camper..yes..Peter Bedggood did the tents.
Chris
2014 Mark Three Canning with extras, 76 series V8 Landcruiser...(you know you want one!)

tastrax

Cheers - Phil

2006 Tvan Tanami (with a few extras)
2010 Isuzu Dmax LS-U

markeaust

I also have an Eagle and have used some of the designs from Rob and Caz's Eagle, without the increase in floor space.  Fortunately, my canvas is in great condition, so I didn't have to replace it, just change a few things and get some additional walls and modifications made.  I will post a few pics when I work out this forum's methods....  ;D

Cheers,

Mark
2003 HDJ100 Landcruiser
1996 Track Eagle
Aussie HFRC 3531, Austravel 3531 RFDS-9VNE

Eelezy

Hi Mark,
I also have a 96 eagle in top condition with quite a few mods here and there, so if you are ever coming through Gippsland, we are in Warragul so happy to share ideas! We have a 76 V8 cruiser...certainly has no probs pulling the Eagle !
Chris and Sue
2014 Mark Three Canning with extras, 76 series V8 Landcruiser...(you know you want one!)

The Hueys

Quote from: jetjr on January 15, 2015, 10:47:28 AM
A Tvan Eagle??

I love that idea, it was something I pushed for on many an occasion during my time at Track. Cut the top off a Tvan I was often heard to say, I think they got a bit sick of hearing me bang on about it ;D. However better business ideas took priority :(, but hey that's life.
Craig Hewitson
Former Track Trailer Service & Sales Manager - 2005 to 2011
MkII Tvan behind a Mazda BT-50