News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

TVan versions ( from old site)

Started by boobook, February 01, 2012, 02:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claws

Quote from: The Hueys on October 12, 2014, 07:35:41 AM
MkIII bodies are two thin aluminium skins with polyurethane foam sandwiched between, glued and vacuum bonded in house by Track after being cut and folded to their specifications.

The thickness varies depending on where in the wall it is but generally it's about 10-20mm.

Sounds like the same style panel construction as used on the Topaz?
2013 Track Topaz, damaged... SOLD

The Hueys

Craig Hewitson
Former Track Trailer Service & Sales Manager - 2005 to 2011
MkII Tvan behind a Mazda BT-50

DaveTheEagle

Hi all, I'm new here and searching for some advice on my pursuit of my first TVan.

I know this is an old thread but hoping to get some guidance on old models...
I'm just about to buy and have a choice of two - a 2010 TVan canning or an early 2011 TVan Sport.
Please can anyone tell me:

Would both/either feature the fibreglass/ply body or the aluminium sheet?

Also, with the Sport having the underslung spare wheel, is it the same chassis as other TVans or is it modified?
I quite like the option of an underslung spare, even if I move it to the drawbar it's still nice to have - i just concerned about an altered chassis.

Any advice would be much appreciated, Cheers Dave.

Cruiser 105Tvan

Hi, My 2009 Tvan Has the Aluminium on ply walls and Fibreglass roof.

I'm not sure if the 2010 models were the same or if they were  preformed Aluminium panels with white polystyrene filler.
Tvans 2011 onwards are similar to the later built tvans.
If your looking at the Sport model, I believe they came without a kitchen.
The under slung spare tyre model is a chassis by track at build of Tvan, unless an owner has added it themselves.
It's easy to tell, Track used all galvanized materials and an eighty series Toyota tyre winch.
If the Spare is under the Tvan you cannot fit a front mount water tank under the Tvan.

My 2009 Tvan was the first Tvan produced by Track with that spare underneath.
It becomes a grader blade if you take the trailer seriously off road.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

DaveTheEagle

Thanks Cruiser, I've heard the underslung spare can be a hinderance offroad but I guess I can always remove it and put it on the Hilux roofrack if necessary.

hulbyw

Our first Tvan, a Canning was built in July 2010 and was one of the last Mk2's as TT introduced the Mk3 not long after July, so I would expect the Sport is a Mk3 and therefore have the aluminium/foam sandwich construction. Easiest way to tell the difference between the Mk2 and Mk3 is the shape of the side locker doors. Mk2's had rectangular doors with rounded corners in a plastic frame and Mk3's had trapezoid shaped doors. In our experience there is nothing wrong with the Mk2 construction.
If the 2010 Tvan is a Mk2, there was an option of a longer draw bar. The Mk3's all had the long draw bar.

Cruiser 105Tvan

No problem, It was Track's way of lightening the Hitch weight or down force.
They produced the Sport so people with Xtrails and Subaru's could tow Tvans too.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

RAR110

Does anyone know if Track ever considered a Tvan like pod for the MC2 tactical trailer?

By this I mean a pod that could be temporarily fitted to the load bay, so that the trailer could be returned to a box trailer easily. I realise it wouldn't have the many features of a tvan of any era. But could be a low cost option for us RAAF tactical owners.

TVan Mk2 & RAAF Tactical Trailer

Young Nomads

That would be made by the Thunderbird Team, RAR110....they made different pods for number 2 aircraft...LOL...sorry...just the first thing that came to mind when you asked.  :o ;) ;D
John & Robyn.
Doing life in our healthy years.
Not waiting for the wealthy years. :D
Your coffin is the only place you can't take your TVan and the hearse doesn't have a towbar!
06 LC 100 TD Auto. & 2012 Canning Tvan with all the fruit.

RAR110

[emoji1]. I wonder how much they charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TVan Mk2 & RAAF Tactical Trailer

Kell27

Interesting reading [emoji4]
We are looking at purchasing our first T-van  and would prefer the aluminium sides over the fibreglass, is there a way of identifying the difference in photos or do we need to ask each seller?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Gumb

2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS

lister17

Sorry for dragging out the old washing.....Again.... Would the later Aluminium/Foam construction offer better insulating properties over the ply wood? The reason i ask is a familiar one, After coveting a Tvan for nearly 15 years, we are close to the purchase of a second hand one and as the wife is the minister for war and finance, she would like to know......

Cheers
Glenn
06 4.2 Coily Ute
2015 Murranji