Author Topic: RAAF tactical trailer - blackout lamp wiring help  (Read 2572 times)

Offline Dingo77

• View Profile
RAAF tactical trailer - blackout lamp wiring help
« on: April 17, 2015, 11:31:14 AM »
Hi Guys,

I've just found this forum and am wrapped to see that there are many other like-minded people in love with this trailer system, I collect ADF military trailers and in my opinion the Track unit performs the best for both loaded and unloaded scenarios. 

For my Raaf unit I have recently decided to replace the existing Britax tail lights with Narva LED's. 
Unfortunately the photo I took of the wiring has since been deleted and now have no idea where the two black wires to the blackout lamp connect to, (basically one wire has a metal band and the other does not).

I'd be grateful if anyone can assist, all I need is a description or even an image with the cover removed. 

Also, does anyone know the manufacturer of these lamps?, there are no markings on them at all.

BTW over the years I have collected info on the factory specs (part numbers and suppliers) for this unit, I will post them up ASAP but if anyone is desperate please let me know.

Cheers,
Dingo

Offline Alien

• View Profile
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Tvan
Re: RAAF tactical trailer - blackout lamp wiring help
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 06:40:58 PM »
Welcome aboard Dingo.
I'm not sure if this link will help...http://www.aulro.com/afvb/military-trailers/173462-converting-nato-plug-7-pin-round.html#post2279353
If not pop over to http://remlr.com/  and have look around, they have a trailer section.
I'm sure the folk on their forum will help too.
Failing all that sing out in a few days(as I'm away), a mate has a No5 and I can go have a look when he's home.
Kyle & Coral.
Propulsion unit-  Land Rover Defender.
Accommodation- '06 Canning Tvan.

Offline Dingo77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 07:23:16 PM »
G'day Alien,

Thanks for the reply.   Yeah I've combed through the REMLR site but they don't have what I need on track tactical trailer.  As for the No.5 that has completely different tail lamps. 

A little more background:
The blackout lamps were connected within the original Britax lamp housing, if anyone still has the original setup all they need to do is unscrew the single self tapping screw and remove the lamp cover.

I've attempted to attach an image of what I am working with... hope it works.

Thanks in advance guys.
Cheers.

Offline Dingo77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 11:42:08 AM »
just an update, the guys at REMLR were able to assist with this.

Thanks again Alien!

Offline Alien

• View Profile
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Tvan
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 02:02:56 PM »
That saved me crawling under a trailer ;)
Kyle & Coral.
Propulsion unit-  Land Rover Defender.
Accommodation- '06 Canning Tvan.