News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Mounting ARB Twin Air Compressor

Started by wrose, June 27, 2015, 07:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrose

Here's some photos of the prototype bracket.
All I have to do is drill the mounting holes.

Wayne and the Rose Circus
(Landcruiser 200 Series TTD GXL)
(2012 Tvan MK III Murranji, wheels & tyres matched to LC200)

wrose

I've done some mods to the bracket, so now you'll be able to mount either an ARB single or a twin compressor, I've also added some switch mounts to suit the ARB switches.
I'm getting the revised bracket lasercut and bent up this week, so I can check all the mounting hole locations.
If anyone is interested in one, drop me a PM, and I'll get a small run done.
Stay tuned for some pics and pricing of the revised bracket.
Here's a drawing of what it will look like.

wrose

I just got the new bracket back from the sheet metal worker, so this weekend I'll mount it all up and check all the measurements, then I'll post up some pics of it installed.
I also thought it could be used to mount all sorts of things, fuse blocks, DC-DC chargers etc, so I should really change the name of this thread to just an anything mounting bracket.
But in the mean time, here's a pic of the new bracket.
So let me know if any of you want one for the back of your LC200series.

wrose

Just installed the bracket

Here it is with the ARB Twin Compressor
You can see the 2 switch cutouts on the left of both the compressor at the top and the air manifold at the bottom.

Here it is with the ARB Standard Compressor

As you can see heaps of room to mount other things on if you don't have a compressor.

Heres some pics of the switch mount.

This was the final trial version & I'm really happy with how it fits and all the measurement, so now I'm ready to get a small run done.

Anyone who is interested,
The bracket is $95 + postage, and will come powder coated black, and with the necessary bolts and captive nuts to mount it.
I've worked out postage from Sydney to local about $15, and Sydney to Perth was about $30.

If anyone wants one drop me a PM, with your email and postal address, so I can confirm the postage costs to you.

If you have some mates that are interested and want more than one sent, let me know as I can send several in the one parcel.

I hope every likes it and finds it useful.
Cheers

Hamishrob

Dear Wayne,
I wondered if it is still possible to purchase one of your air compressor mounting plates for a 200 series? I am keen to install a compressor but not in the engine bay.
Kind Regards
Hamish

Garry P

Morning Wayne,

I am in WA and keen on purchasing one of your compressor brackets.

Garry

Cruiser 105Tvan

ARB has a standard location for fitting these compressors.
They lift out the Left front seat, fix the compressor to the floor, then put the seat back.
Depending on the Compressor, you can multi purpose them for Air locker diffs as well as dusting off stuff and tyres.
Plumb in a storage bottle under the car and you won't hear the pump very often, if you operate the diff locks.
Won't hear it at all if you have E'lockers.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

Garry P

Morning,

I am very keen for a bracket

Cheers

boobook

Quote from: Cruiser 105Tvan on August 10, 2016, 05:03:07 PM
ARB has a standard location for fitting these compressors.
They lift out the Left front seat, fix the compressor to the floor, then put the seat back.
Depending on the Compressor, you can multi purpose them for Air locker diffs as well as dusting off stuff and tyres.
Plumb in a storage bottle under the car and you won't hear the pump very often, if you operate the diff locks.
Won't hear it at all if you have E'lockers.

Robert, I don't think that will work on a VX or Sahara. There is an amp under there.

Where do you suggest the tank goes?
Tony,
Landcruiser 200
MK 111 Canning Tvan
VKS 1523
VK3TON

Cruiser 105Tvan

Boobook,

Do you you normally carry a spare under the back of your vehicle?
Air tank doesn't have to be big either, maybe bet. 2 & 5litres. Long sausage shape
If you have the standard reserve fuel tank setup, against the chassis across the back?
If not, having not looked under a 200, is there room just in front of the Left rear wheel on the inside of the chassis?
If your telling me they don't have a rear chassis section then inside a rear quarter panel if you can get a bottle small enough.
Mr. Wrose might be able to help here though.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

boobook

Thanks Robert. I do have a spare underneath and am looking at those kind of options. I will get the rear and front bars first then relook.

There may be room behind the rear quarter panels.

The KDSS pipes run near the chassis on the passengers side and may restrict the space there.

Wayne. Any update on availability of the compressor mount I left you a message on LCOOL.
Tony,
Landcruiser 200
MK 111 Canning Tvan
VKS 1523
VK3TON

wrose

ARB has just released stainless steel braided air hoses in various lengths (0.3m 0.5m, 1.0m, 1.5m 2.0m, 3.0m), As well as nickel plated brass fittings, perfect for the installation of your compressor.

Here's a snap shot out of their catalogue and price list.

wrose

I also have a bracket available to suit the ARB 4L Air Tank

The compressor bracket is $125
The tank bracket is $85
and postage ranges from $15-$35 depending on where in Aust you are
Just PM me your postal address, and I'll reply with postage cost and bank transfer details.

Mick78

Hi,

How did you run the wires given the distance vs voltage drop 6mm twin will
Be undersized. Did you run it in the cabin and of which battery? Did you obtain ignition supply for the switch?

Thanks
2002 Tvan

Darlo

Hey mate was looking to purchase a mounting bracket for arb single air compressor and 4 litre tank do you still make them.its for 200 series landcruiser look forward to your reply thanks mate