News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

The turtles

Started by turtles, April 04, 2012, 07:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turtles

The turtles aka Peter and Karen Turnbull from Newcastle. Now the owners of Jeff and Bevs 2009 Murranji as they wait for their new one. We previously have owned a Cape york Extreme for 5 years but found it too heavy to tow and pack up. Then went to a Coromal off road 'van for 12 months and soon realised that we couldn't get to those really great camp spots with it ( lakefield nat park). Our current vehicle is a 2002 TD Jackaroo and we are heading off after Easter to who knows where!!!!
turtles aka Peter and Karen
2010 toyota prado with a 2009 Mk II Murranji

Alpaca

G'day Turtle,
Congrats on the new purchase and enjoy your trip to who knows where.
Cheers
Alpaca
The Tug: 2000 model 100series Now Turbo'd Woo hoo Diesel even more woo hoo, now with intercooler
The Barge: 2006 Tvan

Camperman2

G'day Peter & Karen - good to hear that you are ready to rock 'n roll.  Have a safe trip and we look forward to catching up with you soon.  We'd all welcome some reports from you along the way.
Gordon and Von.
NT (2010) auto diesel Pajero (Cool Silver) being pushed by 2011 Tvan Murranji III with fridge box & dual batteries.

ivatvan

Dear Peter and karen,
Would you please take care of our favourite toy, as kids we took teddys to bed as adults we slept with a Tvan.  Whilst we officially recognise you as the new owners we look upon you as foster parents in a way.  Can you imagine what it was like for us to retire and be able to go almost anywhere in Australia, it was a new phase in our lives a change in direction brought about by your Tvan.  It does have a way of changing you.

It took us everywhere we wanted to go in comfort, plenty of water and fuel, never ran out of battery power and never got a flat tyre in the whole time that we owned it.  We've seen camels, dingos, wild horses, wedge tailed eagles, falcons, Lake Eyre in flood, Sturts Desert Pea in flower, old ruins and heaps of magnificent gorges, but one thing we could never do was put up the shade sail the same way twice. 

Good luck when you take off after Easter, going to "who knows where" is the best way to approach things with a Tvan.  We always believed that you could travel a lot and see a little or do the opposite.       
Bev and Jeff Latham

freelander dave

hello peter and karen - my wife and i are interested in purchasing a t van - we live in newcastle kotara - if there is an opportunity we would like to talk to yourselves about your thoughts on owning one - my email is david.cochrane1@bigpond.com

regards david and deborah

MYT150

Dave,

There are plenty of Tvan owners on here so if you need more people to talk I am sure most of them would help you out.

Regards

Aidan
Aidan Cashman
Track Trailer Forum Administrator

Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel

Cruiser 105Tvan

Yes, Your right Aidan,
Why pick on just one Couple when you can pick on everyone.
Seriously, just join in, no-one will get upset.  If they do, that's what Moderators are for.
I can't see it happening though, The people here just want to spread the cheer, so to speak.

Welcome Pete & Karen, Just jump in and have a good go.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.