News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Looks like Track have some new competition

Started by MYT150, October 01, 2015, 06:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eelezy

We also had a goof look at it. I have to say that the rear door system, which opens the opposite way to the TVAN with the the tent already attached. The big advantage is that that when you lift the tailgate back, it brings the tent back I automatically and it is therefore VERY quick and no lifting at all.
HOWEVER, yes, you have to at least semi- erect the tent to beable to access the bed section, ie to quickly grab something etc and you would definitely have fully erect the tent ( about 1 minute) to actually use the camper...nice windows that open out, but overall felt a bit light in construction and definitely a "cheap" copy of tvan, though about the same price I think. No way would you buy one over the tvan unless you were not really into off road or were never going to do one night no-setup stops....but a pretty good effort.
It was also heart to catch up with the TVAN people, inc Ross who was assisting Track with customers...also caught up with so fellow Tvaners and friends at the site!
We are now in beginning he process of selling the Eagle camper and returning to a Tavn after a few years absence!
Chris and Sue
2014 Mark Three Canning with extras, 76 series V8 Landcruiser...(you know you want one!)

luke

I haven't seen one in the flesh, but there's a few items that show they are at least thinking about things.
I've approached track about a couple of these items previously and they were a no go.

• standard 80w solar over the 40w
  • great storage ideas
  • 240v outlet in the fridge box
  • 1000w / 2000w inverter
  • pop-up top for extra head room
    (I'd actually prefer a solid roof, but head room is a consideration for some)
  • hot water (both to the kitchen, and mounted shower box)
  • aircon
    (not really my thing, but there seems to be a few setups with them)

As for the permanently attached canvas, I realise it rules out the quick stop option, but it also seems to make the canvas out option rather quick. (if you can believe youtube anyway)

The only thing they are missing is one of Baron & Connie quick setup awnings  :D

Tvan Mk IV
Prado 150

peter_mcc

Quote from: luke on October 12, 2015, 04:26:28 PM
I've approached track about a couple of these items previously and they were a no go.

• standard 80w solar over the 40w

I asked about that too - I think the issue is their roof design won't allow a bigger panel to fit nicely (60W is as big as it can go). It looks like the Pioneer has space for an even bigger panel if needed - it is mounted on a large flat area.

abucas

Not sure what their problem is, I have an 80W panel on my roof, and yes it sticks out the sides a bit, but so what?
Mine is one of the thin Aluminium ones mounted onto some 25mm square tube.
You can now get 100W panels in the same size as my 80W.
Another option is to stick onto the roof an 80W plastic flexible panel, they should fit without sticking out I think
https://www.solar4rvs.com.au/solar-panels-flexible.html , similiar to what Kimberly do (and have been doing for a long time)

Peleroda

I had a look at the Mitchell at Leisurefest and wasn't overly excited by it. The fold out floor wasn't sitting flat even on the flat grass site they were on, it dipped in the middle, so either poor design or poor setup. The side windows looked OK but I would doubt they seal against bull dust very well. I heard the salesman telling a prospect that it took 2 people, 15-20 minutes to set up the annexe awning which in my book probably translates to 30-40 minutes. The storage box on top of the front was useful but a bit awkward to get to. It really just felt like an undersized caravan which is great if you want to use it in caravan parks for extended periods. It certainly didn't seem to have the elegance, sophistication & "ruggedness" of a Tvan. We just came back from a 4000k loop through Mungo, Tibooburra, Cameron Corner, Innamincka, Arkaroola etc and I'm glad I had a Tvan, I wouldn't like to do it towing a Mitchell. It doesn't seem as though that's what it has been built to do so I'll stick with my Mk3 unless someone wants to swap it for a Mk4.
Cheers
Peter
Peter & Lee Ann
T-Van & Ranger Combo
2010 T-Van Murranji Mk111 & PX11 Ranger

Patrol Dude

Pioneer Campers must be loving all of this attention  ;)
Jeff & Trish
RockVegas
2020 79 Dual Cab
2011 TVan Murranji (with lots of stuff) :)
2021 T4 Rhapsody

ccol2621

The floor doesn't look solid in the look a like  - timber?
MKII Canning TVAN - short drawbar.
2014 Prado 150 (facelift diesel auto)

Young Nomads

Only spending 5 weeks in our TVan a few months ago..we realized when we got home we never actually yearned for a hotel/ motel or caravan park cabin.
That says something about the simplicity, comfort and set up friendly design of a TVan...
We have never had reason to get/ want all the "bling" of some of the newer options.
Good old "what it was originally designed to do" functionality and ease of use is number one for us...that's our experiences and choices anyway.
Cheers
Robyn

John & Robyn.
Doing life in our healthy years.
Not waiting for the wealthy years. :D
Your coffin is the only place you can't take your TVan and the hearse doesn't have a towbar!
06 LC 100 TD Auto. & 2012 Canning Tvan with all the fruit.

ccol2621

Abucus - I'm very interested in your awning as your Tvan looks the same as ours - looks easier than the Track equivalent and apologies in advance for hijacking the thread to the thread owner.

Thanks
MKII Canning TVAN - short drawbar.
2014 Prado 150 (facelift diesel auto)

abucas

Refer to this thread for the information about the brackets made by Baron & Connie

http://www.tracktrailerforums.com/index.php?topic=710.0

I have two awnings, again as per Baron's setup. On page 10 of the thread there are more photos of my setup.

Discussions about this are best posted there.

Patrol Dude

Rumour has it that maybe Track have bought the rights to the Mitchell!!
Bumped into a Mitchell owner in Winton he said Track had bought the rights from pioneer and where installing the MC2 suspension under them!

Anybody else hear such things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Jeff & Trish
RockVegas
2020 79 Dual Cab
2021 T4 Rhapsody

Gumb

News to me and you'd have to wonder why they'd be building them. Nothing wrong with the Tvan as it is.
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS

Patrol Dude

If they have, they certainly wouldn't be the first company to purchase the opposition!! Would be a great idea to encapsulate both the Tvan and Mitchell into a new Tvan option to appeased the ever growing market place. Watch this space [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Jeff & Trish
RockVegas
2020 79 Dual Cab
2021 T4 Rhapsody

DI5CO

Gumb

Now that makes sense. I couldn't think of any reason why Track would do it.
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS