News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Looks like Track have some new competition

Started by MYT150, October 01, 2015, 06:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Golding

A new competitor - https://www.campertraileraustralia.com.au/campertrailer-reviews/1807/brs-offroad-sherpa-review

A lot smaller and the suspension is pretty standard. Nice and light with good clearance though. Still in the prototype form so with some improvements this could be a cracker!

2015 Tvan mkIII

2009 LC200 Sahara

MarkA

Had a guy with one of these at a camp not long ago,  they have potential but I found getting in and out through the door a bit of a hassle, I'm sure you get used to it, but the up top tent was simply a pain, there low on storage even by TVan standards it will be interesting to watch how they go in the future
200 series LandCruiser
Canning Mk 3
And a Mountian of stuff I don't think we need but apparently it's vital camp equipment.

Gumb

Wet canvas on the bed? No thanks.
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS

Jim and Lyn

G'day,
We had a Mitchell pull up near us out around Kalumbaru I think last year. The owner came over to ask how much dust we got in and if the tvan leaked much. He was spitting chips that he'd bought option 2 instead of option 1 after I'd answered  his questions - but hey, they do look pretty!
Cheers
Jim
Jim & Lyn
LC100, 1HDFTE and 2005 Tvan

Cruiser 105Tvan

There was a Pioneer Mitchell pulled up outside Track in Bayswater when I was dropping off the Tvan to get the roof vent replaced.
Not sure who, or why he was there.  Was driving a Cruiser 4 door ute with a big box canopy on the tray.  Ute was a v8 and a Dk. Grey from memory.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

DI5CO

Quote from: Cruiser 105Tvan on August 03, 2018, 07:48:26 PM
There was a Pioneer Mitchell pulled up outside Track in Bayswater when I was dropping off the Tvan to get the roof vent replaced.
Not sure who, or why he was there.  Was driving a Cruiser 4 door ute with a big box canopy on the tray.  Ute was a v8 and a Dk. Grey from memory.
I have it on good authority that he has since sold the Mitchell and has a Tvan on order!!

Jim and Lyn

That's sounds like a very familiar rig. Good chance it's the same bloke. Lyn tells me we were at one of the stations off the GRR - should have remembered that because you wouldn't get a Mitchell to Kalumbaru!
Well, you might but you wouldn't get it back! (Wish I had some good emojis to add here but I haven't so I'll ust have to go with LOL)
Cheers
Jim n Lyn
Jim & Lyn
LC100, 1HDFTE and 2005 Tvan

Rolcar52

My brother in law has the Gascoyne,  Destroyed shockers,  struts, and water tank mounting brackets broken tank almost fell out. Not much competition really!

Regards Rolf.
Rolf & Irene
Pakenham  Victoria
2014 Tvan Murranji with lots / Sold . 2018 Savanah Scout Topaz
2011 Hilux 3ltr Diesel Dual Cab

luke

Tvan Mk IV
Prado 150

robstevens

Bit heavy:

Tare: 1475
Payload: 425
ATM: 1900
Ball weight: 180
2017 Mk4 (Firetail)
2019 Landcruiser 200 GXL (4.6 petrol)

Wildmax

Quote from: luke on July 10, 2023, 07:10:16 PMI wonder if ARB can make a better go of it ?

ARB earth

I doubt it - made in Thailand, not Aus. Mind you, that's where many of our utes come from thee days (including mine!!)
Wildmax
MY2018 dual cab Hilux SR auto with all the ARB gear
Previously: TVan Canning MkIII
now: AOR Eclipse III + Black Wolf 210 tent

peter_mcc

It looks like with the ARB camper you have to pull out a gas bottle and put it on the ground to use the kitchen stove - that would get annoying pretty quickly. I hate the Mk5 gas connection (having to crawl under the Tvan - what were they thinking?) but the ARB idea looks even worse.