Looong time since anyone has posted new stuff on an Eagle..

Started by Wasp Works, December 11, 2016, 10:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shamirj

Hi Greg,

What did you do with the void under the tent area? Just tore up my tent as it was too far gone upon inspection, looking at options. With the pop up hardtop tents the base is redundant. It's an odd size too for mattress does not measure to suit any single queen or double. What have others done with that space.

Wasp Works

Quote from: shamirj on January 02, 2017, 03:01:58 PM
Hi Greg,

What did you do with the void under the tent area? Just tore up my tent as it was too far gone upon inspection, looking at options. With the pop up hardtop tents the base is redundant. It's an odd size too for mattress does not measure to suit any single queen or double. What have others done with that space.

I built the tilt up top so that I can still use the area under(old mattress area) as storage.
The area is quite large and perfectly suitable for extra blankets, spare tarp, etc.
I secured automotive compression rubber to the underside of the lid to offer waterproof seal when it is compressed and sealed in the locked position.
It's actually very secure with the lockable over-centres at the rear and will probably be used for valuables as well.
I'll give it a sand and a coat of estapol as I complete the paint job. 

Greg.

shamirj

Thx Greg. Did you build that tilt frame just to be able to use the space below for storage? Painted inside the boxes today water based paint dried super quick very happy with outcome. Still tossing the idea to mount spare wheel or Jerry cans mounted on A frame drawbar.

Wasp Works

Quote from: shamirj on January 02, 2017, 08:00:25 PM
Thx Greg. Did you build that tilt frame just to be able to use the space below for storage? Painted inside the boxes today water based paint dried super quick very happy with outcome. Still tossing the idea to mount spare wheel or Jerry cans mounted on A frame drawbar.

Yes...

Greg.

shamirj

What did you do with the old tent for the eagle, I have just ripped mine apart as it was old, had holes and algae. Probably going for the roof top tent option for me. cheers

Wasp Works

Quote from: shamirj on January 05, 2017, 08:01:48 AM
What did you do with the old tent for the eagle, I have just ripped mine apart as it was old, had holes and algae. Probably going for the roof top tent option for me. cheers

I chucked it and all the poles out unfortunately mate.
As I said, I never intended to use it in its original form so never even laid the canvas out to see what condition it was in, which was apparently quite good by the original owners opinion.
It wasnt till I was well into the strip and build that I came across this forum, otherwise I would have salvaged it to recover a few bucks.

Sorry...

Greg.

Wasp Works

Part of the full rebuild meant pulling the rear water tank out to check condition and paint the box it's housed in... Good thing I did too. The tube lines were all 'algyfied' and a lot of crap in the water tank. Wifey did a great job of cleaning it all out. Going to replace all the tube lines with clear so that  can monitor whats going on.

Wasp Works

Cruiser 105Tvan

Clear Lines let the light in accelerating the growth of all the stuff you just cleaned out.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

Wasp Works

Prepping the HWS / spare wheel locking mount, included tack welding the u-bolts and clamp plates in place for more sturdy fixture.

Wasp Works

Quote from: Cruiser 105Tvan on January 06, 2017, 12:33:24 AM
Clear Lines let the light in accelerating the growth of all the stuff you just cleaned out.

Very valid point - Thanks muchly for that Robert... I thought there must be a reason why they are not seen too often.

Greg.

Wasp Works

Trailer body prepped and temp spray shed ready for action.
I have just spent an exhausting few days prepping the body work for paint and finally got some colour on it today.
It's a hammertone black finish all over but actually comes up a very dark metalic grey by virtue of the hammered dimples.