Looong time since anyone has posted new stuff on an Eagle..

Started by Wasp Works, December 11, 2016, 10:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wasp Works

Thanks guys. If you ever see us on the road pull us over for a catch up and chin wag.

Greg.

Wasp Works

Its been a while between posts so I thought I should put some pics up of our Easter weekend getaway.
We spent 4 days touring the Western Australian wheatbelt and goldfields area and had a blast.
Did around 1300kms including 400ish blacktop, 450ish gravel (110kph hyway type), and about 450kms tight bushy,sandy,rock trails.
The modified Eagle performed flawlessly and is the most comfortable, quickest, and easy to set up rig out of the bunch of nine that were there.
SO glad it has turned out the way it was planned.

Greg.

lisian_1275

Looks like you had a ball Greg. Great photos and used as it should be.
Have fun out there  :D :D
Thanks
Ian

Bricki

Fantastic setup! Great to see shots of it being used. Love the shot from behind with a bit of dust>

How do you find the stone stomper? was it easy to fit? I was thinking of putting one on my eagle for a big trip I have coming up as I too have very nice paint work to protect. I have the jerry holder that sits slightly below the drawbar height so I don't know how that may effect the stone stomper fitment...Was it easy to fit?

Wasp Works

Quote from: Bricki on May 01, 2017, 09:08:21 PM
Fantastic setup! Great to see shots of it being used. Love the shot from behind with a bit of dust>

How do you find the stone stomper? was it easy to fit? I was thinking of putting one on my eagle for a big trip I have coming up as I too have very nice paint work to protect. I have the jerry holder that sits slightly below the drawbar height so I don't know how that may effect the stone stomper fitment...Was it easy to fit?

Easy enough to fit Bricki, and soes a reasonable job.
Knowing now what I didnt know then, I probably wouldnt have bought it though. Having the extended drawbar on mine is at the max recommended mesh length without a mid support bar. Because of this the sides arc in the middle leaving areas where crap can fly past and hit the camper.
The guards also stick out past the with of the protected areas and got absolutely peppered.
I will probably just end up making my own fixed/hinging angled protector.

Greg.

lost...

G'Day Greg,

Awesome job on the Eagle, I've only just come across the thread but that drawbar extension and bottle holder is exactly! what I've been thinking to do to mine.

I saw you posted a model of the works you did, would you have a CAD file you could share please?

Cheers

lost...

Linden Neill

Greg.
I'm about to put a new tent on our eagle and wouldn't mind go I g the trailer a paint while I'm at it - would you be able to briefly describe what you did to prep it and what sort of paint you used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martink

without doubt the best camper trailer ever made in Australia, tons of room for storage, great suspension system, built like a tank, track should have continued to make improvements and they would still out sell the copys and cheap imports, these will become much sought after in the future, great project well done.       

bails81

Great job on the camper mate. thanks for sharing.
Pretty jealous of your fabrication skills.

I've got a 1995 Eagle that I've love to modify for a quicker set-up. I thought about a similar design with a popup tent on top but as mines our family camper we need more sleeping space.
I'm also pondering if I can covert mine to a fold down hard floor. If I ever manage to do it I'll be sure to post on the forum.

Curious to know what the GTM and ATM are on yours. Mines 900kg and 1000kg which seem low looking at how solid the trailers are built. I've seen old brochures for the Eagles stating ATM of 1200kg, wondering if they were built all the same.