News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Can't post my for sale advert

Started by Alan and Michelle, April 02, 2017, 06:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan and Michelle

I am trying to advertise my 2012 Murranji TVAN for sale in the 'for sale or wanted' section but get an error message '403' saying access denied when I try to post.

Can anyone help guide me here?

Many thanks
Alan

MYT150

Alan,

It will be something in the formatting of your post, it has been encountered by a few other members, and it is generally trial and error as to what it is.

Regards

Aidan
Aidan Cashman
Track Trailer Forum Administrator

Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel

Alan and Michelle

Thanks Aidan.

I retyped the post (rather than copy/past from a word doc) and this seemed to help although not without needing to delete sentences in the post and retyping them etc.  Weird!

Not sure where the problem is but I'm afraid I'm not technically competent to suggest any solution! :-\

Alan

MYT150

It appears to be something in the formatting of the posts that is causing an issue, can't define it fully but it is where there is a combination of ": -" together, but it is random and could be due to the letter before or after it.
Aidan Cashman
Track Trailer Forum Administrator

Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel

boobook

Word has non visible characters that screw up some html pages.

Copy it into notepad first, which will strip that stuff out then copy from there into your post.

That should fix most of it.
Tony,
Landcruiser 200
MK 111 Canning Tvan
VKS 1523
VK3TON

Eric

Copying into notepad sure worked for me.  Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I couldn't work out how to get photos into the ad.

Cruiser 105Tvan

You should be able to use "paint" to reduce the size and then save the result.
Use the saved result to attach to your advert.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

Patrol Dude

Another way to shrink your photo file size is to attach the photo to a email ( to your self) the email will ask what size you want to send it as. Choose the smallest setting and press send. When you receive the email right click on the file and save as back to your computer [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Jeff & Trish
RockVegas
2020 79 Dual Cab
2011 TVan Murranji (with lots of stuff) :)
2021 T4 Rhapsody

Eelezy

Hi all...there is a terific piece of free software called photo gadget that ends up installed on the right click of your mouse button. You just right click over the photo (s) and resize to various levels. I have used it for a decade! http://www.xemico.com/photogadget/freeware.html
Chrie
2014 Mark Three Canning with extras, 76 series V8 Landcruiser...(you know you want one!)

weonatvan

Ok, I'm at the other end of the spectrum of being an IT geek, but, I have never had an issue of posting photos on this forum straight from my mobile phone.

When the three options pop up I have always gone for original sizing which takes a few seconds to load and all is good.

I wonder what the difference is where some members have difficulty uploading pics because I know that some of the solutions being suggested over the years to resize photos using apps etc would possibly be beyond my limited capabilities.

Hell, I grew up on a property where we had manual party phone lines (Morse code rings) until around 1980, where girls at the exchange chipped in every three minutes asking "are you extending?" when on a 'trunk' call  which might be anything over 100 kilometres distance, and now I can do face time on my mobile. Lol [emoji23]

"You don't know what you don't know"

Cheers dave
MK III 2012 Murranji,  MY14 auto rok (VW Amarok)

"You don't know, what you don't know"

Cheers dave

Eric

I thank Cruiser 105Tvan, Patrol Dude, Eelezy, and weonatvan for their solutions to not being able to post photos.

Cruiser's "paint" solution resizes photos on my Windows 10 laptop.  I chose 4 resized photos for inclusion in the attachment area.  When I previewed the post the photos did not appear.  I took this to mean that the photos would not appear in the actual post. I WAS WRONG AS MY TEST POST DEMONSTRATED TO DAY. :-[

I also tried Patrol Dude's solution of emailing a photo to myself.  I use Google on my laptop and can email photos that reside on Google Photos but not those that reside on my laptop.

Photogadget, as suggested by Eelezy, appears to be incompatible with Windows 10 as it does not appear with the right mouse button and cannot be accessed independently.  Perhaps the "pro" version will work.

Using a mobile phone, as suggested by "weonatvan", is a great solution as long as the photos are on the mobile phone and the phone has access to the internet.  Alas, Dave, my phone "geekiness" is worse than my laptop "geekiness".

Robert, Jeff & Trish, Chrie, and Dave all exemplify the insight and compassion continually shown by members of this forum.  Well done.

Eelezy

Quote from: Eric on June 05, 2017, 12:17:53 PM

Photogadget, as suggested by Eelezy, appears to be incompatible with Windows 10 as it does not appear with the right mouse button and cannot be accessed independently.  Perhaps the "pro" version will work.

Wow...didnt know that! It has been so long since I installed mine I never checked if it works on Windows 10 :o  I will explore if the free one does work but if not it's a shame. I think Windows ten has its own resizer built in?

Chris
2014 Mark Three Canning with extras, 76 series V8 Landcruiser...(you know you want one!)

weonatvan

Quote from: Eric on June 05, 2017, 12:17:53 PM
Using a mobile phone, as suggested by "weonatvan", is a great solution as long as the photos are on the mobile phone and the phone has access to the internet.  Alas, Dave, my phone "geekiness" is worse than my laptop "geekiness".

Ok, probably forgot to mention that I use Tapatalk on my mobile to access the forum and post photos which is extremely easy to do.

I do post text on the computer (like now) but I also have difficulty posting photos on here, but that doesn't worry me as I just use my mobile instead.

Good to see you up and going with your pics. 
MK III 2012 Murranji,  MY14 auto rok (VW Amarok)

"You don't know, what you don't know"

Cheers dave

obeeone

G'day

Irfanview is free and is great for resizing photos among other things.

https://www.irfanview.com/

Carl