News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Eagle Sugarglider Suspension thoughts.

Started by lisian_1275, April 30, 2017, 03:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lisian_1275

Hi Guy/ Gals,
Just wondering on people's thoughts on an Eagle with the Sugarglider suspension?
I would prefer the MC2 Suspension, but a Sugarglider one may have come up at the right price. ;)
Will know more when I go and have a look.
Thanks
Ian

Shaker

Sugar Glider is very capable suspension, obviously not quite as good as MC2.
Is the Eagle near Canberra? If it is I have seen it.

Prado 120 GXL 1KZ Manual
Tvan Mk2 Canning
Australian Off Road Quantum
Swag!

rob little

Hi to all,
I have the original sugar glider unit and have taken it all over the continent. I was there when Allan made the new suspention for a military contract, a radar carrier. Lets be clear, I have towed both, there is no difference between the two at normal speeds, but the new suspension worked great on the ripple track at the military test ground, when tested by the army. The first version I saw was on a dual axle radar trailer. Now back to the sugar glider, it gives a great ride for the trailer and delicate photo gear that we carry. The front lower carry boxes are larger on the SG dude to no stabiliser bars. Mine is fitted with the original Koni shocks which have the ability to be stiffened for boat and heavier loads. I have rolled mine due to a meeting with a group of about 30 roos and me going too fast, the result was not great for the boxes on the trailer but I was able to winch it over and travel normally, Track did the rebuild. Mine I think is one of the very first batches that Track did, and I was lucky to discuss at length the two suspensions with the designer. I could say that my SG unit has probably racked up more K's than most and it is still as good as new. Mods have been done to power and lighting, beds and fly screen quality. I would change my Toyota for another one, but not my Sugar Glider.