News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Track Trailer Tandem - Army Version?

Started by georich, June 03, 2017, 04:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georich

Anyone seen one or have one?

if anyone has can you please shoot me a PM.

Thanks

Rich

Cruiser 105Tvan

Take a trip in to the office at OUTBACK HQ.
You might be allowed to actually touch one.
That's if it's still there.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

georich

Thanks Cruiser

I have seen that one from a distance when i was picking up some hubs. Ive seen it there on and off for years but they are hanging onto that one.

Rich

Mick_Marsh

I think the one Track have is a one off. Coil suspension.
As far as I am aware, the army ones had air suspension that could be raised or lowered. They were towed by Mogs.

I have seen a few pop up on ebay. I heard the "earth stations" were disposed of a few months back. There weren't many to begin with and I suspect the ADF have disposed of them all.

Keep your eye on ebay, gumtree, the facebook page associated forums (i.e. REMLR). Good luck.

mal1958

Ex military vehicles and equipment is now sold through Australian Frontline Machinery via Grays Online.

It may be worthwhile to keep an eye on the upcoming auctions at

https://www.australianfrontlinemachinery.com.au/

Cheers,
Mal

Sarco Harris

I did 31 years in the Army and a further 13 years in the public service working for Defence, and I NEVER saw one of their suspension setups on an Australian military trailer in regular use.
I am not saying that they don't exist only that they were/are not in general use!

RAR110

Here's a few pics of my RAAF Track Tactical trailer. I've never seen a tandem track only the Haulmark tandem trailers.

TVan Mk2 & RAAF Tactical Trailer