News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Another Happy TVan Owner

Started by Firetail 17, August 08, 2017, 08:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetail 17

Hi All,

First time post to the forum. I have enjoyed reading the numerous posts on the forum and getting great tips from other owners.

We recently purchased an ex-demo Firetail from our local dealer in the ACT. Our previous camper was a soft floor side fold camper trailer, so the TVan was what we thought would be a distant dream!!  ??? That was until we discovered the Firetail and it ticked all of the boxes for us. Then we discovered the EOFY sale and couldn't resist the discount!  ;D Even though it is an ex-demo it had only been to 2 shows and it was still in brand new condition.

Currently towing the TVan with a Land Rover Freelander 2, which is adequate for what we are looking to do in the near future, but we will look to upgrade the Freelander to something bigger with a low range transfer case in a couple years (unless we win the lottery or rob a bank!!)

We have done a couple of local weekend trips to suss out the TVan and are suitably pleased. We are in the planning stages of a three week trip to the Flinders Ranges in September this year. If anyone has any tips on the "must do" while in the Flinders please do not hesitate to make recommendations.

Looking forward to many many years and Km's in our TVan travelling and discovering this magnificent country.

Trevor & Michele
Firetail
Isuzu MU-X LST MY17 with Isuzu Tour Mate pack

chris_a

People are often drawn to the region around Wilpena Pound and miss out on the diversity of scenery available in both the southern and northern Flinders Ranges. In the south, you need to take a look around Mt Remarkable. North of Wilpena are the gorges of Brachina and Parachilna that have some great scenery and camping. Even further north will have you into the Gammon Ranges and Arkaroola Station - a very ancient landscape. It's all great and very different with lots a history, wildlife and quirky welcoming towns along the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chris,
Toyota Prado 150 series D4D
Tvan Mk II Tanami

Firetail 17

Hi Chris,

Thanks for this. Not sure if we will have time to go too far north, but will try to if we can. I'm sure this will not be our only trip to the Flinders as others have told me it is quite an incredible landscape and will want to see more!!

I am hoping to come across other TVan owners on our trip to get some helpful advice.

Trevor & Michele
Firetail
Isuzu MU-X LST MY17 with Isuzu Tour Mate pack

Explorer_John

My wife and I just spent a week in the Flinders Ranges. Came down from Cameron's Corner. First stop was Arkaroola - a fantastic spot to stop for a couple of days. We did the self drive Echo Camp backtrack and the stunning Ridgeback tour. We then camped at Weetlootla Gorge and did the run out to Lake Froome. Finally we visited Wilpena Pound, walking to the Wangaratta lookout. I think the highlight of the trip was the scenic route up the Bunyeroo Valley, past Bunyeroo Gorge and then through Brachina Gorge. Many stops for photos. This is really awe inspiring countryside. Also camped at Willow Springs Station.
John
Prado 150
Mk 4 Firetail with extras