News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

First time TVan Fam...lots of questions ;)

Started by msbutton, December 23, 2017, 09:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msbutton

Hi everyone....we are Mel and Dan and have inherited an 07 Tanami. We have 2 kiddos aged 5 and 7. We have taken her out to cobb and co camp ground at gympie a few weeks ago. Amazing...we love it. BUT we have a gazillion question and are looking for some genius storage hacks from tvanners. Down side of the bed...anyone have any lil boxes etc. In the annex what storage ideas do peeps have for families? Thanks everyone.

Gumb

The roof storage nets are brilliant and we couldn't do without them. Everything else goes in the tubs, of which we have 5. If you start adding storage options inside the tent, that has to be carried on the bed when travelling so we don't do that much. The bed only has tables, chairs on it most times, but then there are only two of us.....the kids are all off our hands.  :)
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS

Young Nomads

Although it's just John & I, we have refind our packing a lot over the years...I'll try to be brief!..LOL
I have sewn up quite a few bags & named/ labelled them..one each for undies, one each for beanie & thermal.
We only carry 2 changes of clothes, for what ever season we are in.
We have a toiletry bag each
We don't carry any food inside the TVan...just personal stuff ..but chairs are on the bed.
Hooks and coat hangers over the spreader bar, work well to hang towels, clothes etc...just chuck the hooks beside the bed when travelling and the coat hangers etc. there too.
The kids might enjoy having their own, personalized bags (drawstring) to keep their stuff in too..soft bags make packing up and away a lot easier.

John & Robyn.
Doing life in our healthy years.
Not waiting for the wealthy years. :D
Your coffin is the only place you can't take your TVan and the hearse doesn't have a towbar!
06 LC 100 TD Auto. & 2012 Canning Tvan with all the fruit.

leachy_9

We are family of five with a 6 year old and 4 year twins. We have the track family room but find it a pain to set up / pack up and not very pleasant to be inside, so we rarely use it. Really I think a Oztent would be a better option. To sleep everyone I have made a set of triple bunks to goes east / west across the tent section of the Tvan and locks onto the frame. The other thing I have done is build a custom front box that we use a pantry.
I'd post some pictures, but no idea how since the demise of photobucket.
2009 Tvan pushing a 100 series Turbo Diesel Landcruiser

peter_mcc

Family of 5 - kids 11/9/6. Spent 10 weeks in the Tvan earlier this year + a few other weeks a year.

Smaller kids go under the main bed on sleeping mats - super easy. Then into bunks on the floor. The Disc-o-bed ones are super easy to set up - pull them apart and put the two halves on the bed.

Major suggestion is not to bring too much stuff - it gets in the way and is a pain.

RAR110

Great ideas. We also have two kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TVan Mk2 & RAAF Tactical Trailer