Author Topic: Tvan on the way  (Read 461 times)

Offline TimH

• View Profile
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Tvan
Tvan on the way
« on: January 03, 2018, 09:47:33 PM »
Hi

After 10 years camper-trailering in Cub campers we have decided to make the jump to a Tvan.
Julie was keen to move away from full-canvas to something a bit more hard-sided.
Tvan looks to be a great compromise before we end up with a full tin box (hopefully far in the future).

Sold our Cub so it feels a bit odd not having a camper in the front yard. Itching to get going once the Tvan arrives around the end of February.

A short shake down trip then we will go off for a couple of months (probably around the high country of Vic) before ending up at the Man From Snowy River thing at Corryong.
Home for a bit and then a couple of months around the middle before ending up at the Big Red Bash. Never been before so looking forward to it.
I've got to get some benefit from finally being retired (around a year ago). If we don't go camping Julie will find me something to do around the house  :P

This forum has been a great source of information as we work our way through the long list of options before the order is locked in.
We may need to ask a few questions along the way to whittle it down from all of the "sounds good" options to the "must haves".

Hopefully we'll meet some of you at the BRB.

Regards

Tim (& Julie)

Tim & Julie
Tvan (Mk5 Murranji)
Prado 150 GXL

Offline RAR110

• View Profile
Re: Tvan on the way
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 10:21:30 PM »
Good luck with the new one. I hope to make the jump from hardfloor camper to a used Tvan, maybe this year. Maybe start taking LSL.

We just came back from a trip which included Corryong. The museum is impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TVan Mk2 & RAAF Tactical Trailer

Offline Gumb

• View Profile
Re: Tvan on the way
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 10:21:51 PM »
Hi Tim and welcome to the forum. You'll find the Tvan a luxury compared to the Cub, which are great campers but the fun is limited by the amount of canvas as you said.

I retired this year too and we've had our Firetail since March and have done about 10,000 klms already. Most of that was a trip with a group from our 4WD club who followed the Burke & Wills trail from Melbourne to Karumba on the Gulf of Carpentaria, which was amazing. This year we are off with them again doing Binns Track to Darwin.

Even the other half, who likes her comforts like a shower and toilet, really enjoys travelling to places our caravan just can't go. I'm sure you'll enjoy the upgrade.  :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 10:27:17 PM by Gumb »
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS