News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Soon to be TVan owners

Started by Ajax1, February 10, 2018, 03:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajax1

Hi All
We have just put an order on the new Scout TVan, we are hoping it's as good as they look! We are stepping out of a Patriot X1 so it has big shoes to fill. The only reason we changed is the wife has a bad back & was struggling to help pack up the tent. So we're looking forward to the quick over night setups & pack ups. 8)

Gumb

Welcome aboard, I'm sure you'll be happy with the Tvan. I'd suggest that you read through as many of the threads on here dealing with the extra items people have ordered above what you get as standard too. For example, internal lining on the hatch is something I wish I'd done. I've just had a tropical roof retro fitted too.
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS

Ajax1

Thanks & we have already started doing that

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

monktm

I would like to know if you have to water in your new tvan canvas ??

Ajax1

Quote from: monktm on February 12, 2018, 06:58:52 AM
I'm not sure on that one. A good point & will ask when we pick it up

Gumb

Quote from: monktm on February 12, 2018, 06:58:52 AM
We were told by Track it was a good idea and that some people did and some didn't. Just to make sure, we watered ours once before we took off.
2015 Pajero NX GLS

monktm

Quote from: Gumb on February 12, 2018, 09:27:53 AM
We were told by Track it was a good idea and that some people did and some didn't. Just to make sure, we watered ours once before we took off.
Thanks I think I will water it in . Surely it won't hurt the canvas to shrink and settle in a little . .

Gumb

Quote from: monktm on February 12, 2018, 09:51:35 AM
Surely it won't hurt the canvas to shrink and settle in a little . .
Absolutely no problem doing it, it's well worth the effort. It's also a good idea to open it up and pack it away a few times before you go. We had a spectator crowd of friends when we opened ours up on the first night of the first trip and it didn't end well.  Although it did entertain them for a while when I was looking for that hidden D ring !  ;D
2015 Pajero NX GLS

Ajax1

Quote from: Gumb on February 12, 2018, 04:14:43 PM
Absolutely no problem doing it, it's well worth the effort. It's also a good idea to open it up and pack it away a few times before you go. We had a spectator crowd of friends when we opened ours up on the first night of the first trip and it didn't end well.  Although it did entertain them for a while when I was looking for that hidden D ring !  ;D
[emoji41]🤣

Ajax1

We are looking at putting 285/70/17 wheels on the tvan to match the BT50. Has anybody got any photos of doing this & weather they rub?

Phil G

Quote from: Ajax1 on February 17, 2018, 04:43:33 PM
We are looking at putting 285/70/17 wheels on the tvan to match the BT50. Has anybody got any photos of doing this & weather they rub?

You must communicate this to Tracktrailer when you order your Tvan.
They will then fit the longer axles to suit the offset and stud pattern of your BT50 wheels.
Phil
2003 Tvan
2019 Landcruiser VDJ78 Troopcarrier

monktm

Quote from: Ajax1 on February 17, 2018, 04:43:33 PM

What offset are the rims ?

Ajax1

Quote from: monktm on February 18, 2018, 08:56:20 AM
What offset are the rims ?
Positive 30

monktm

Quote from: Ajax1 on February 18, 2018, 09:09:14 AM
Positive 30

They may rub on the inside is my guess ? Depending on the axle set up on the tvan .

Phil G

P30 wheels are the same as the Prado - Track will supply the correct length axles at no extra cost if you ask.  BT50 wheels will then bolt straight on

Phil
2003 Tvan
2019 Landcruiser VDJ78 Troopcarrier