News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

A step closer ... to ownership

Started by RAR110, March 18, 2018, 02:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAR110

We have finally sold our hardfloor camper so are a step closer to ownership. I also need to sell a spare Land Rover.

But I need to convince the household about the virtues of Tvan ownership.

Does anyone know of anyone who hires a Tvan in the Brisbane area?  There is an advert on Gumtree for Caboolture. But the camper is in NT.

Thanks.
TVan Mk2 & RAAF Tactical Trailer

Xpedition

There is a guy at sippy downs that hires out a mk2 really nice guy we hired one last year, think we found him through gumtree will look to find his number and pm you

Andrew

RAR110

Wetjala

Do yourself a favour and ask the forum about problems experienced with MkV's and MkIV's. I've had my MkIV for about 18 months and had/having a few issues that I wouldn't expect from an $80k piece of kit. Brilliant piece of offroad gear but . . .

If you are interested I could post my woes (mostly minor and not too much to be bothered about however there's one potentially big one - canvas tearing along the under-tension stitch line in the rear canopy that could end up being very nasty and costly - beginnings of which I have seen on the MkV in Outback HQ showroom!)

Interested? I'm heading off tomorrow with the T-Van for couple of weeks to the high country in Vic so if you are I will post these with photos when I get back. Plus I will also add a few things that you should consider when configuring your new T-Van.

Gumb

Quote from: Wetjala on April 15, 2018, 06:14:51 PM
Do yourself a favour and ask the forum about problems experienced with MkV's and MkIV's.

that'll be the shortest thread ever in this forum   8)
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS

RAR110

Quote from: Wetjala on April 15, 2018, 06:14:51 PM
Do yourself a favour and ask the forum about problems experienced with MkV's and MkIV's. I've had my MkIV for about 18 months and had/having a few issues that I wouldn't expect from an $80k piece of kit. Brilliant piece of offroad gear but . . .

If you are interested I could post my woes (mostly minor and not too much to be bothered about however there's one potentially big one - canvas tearing along the under-tension stitch line in the rear canopy that could end up being very nasty and costly - beginnings of which I have seen on the MkV in Outback HQ showroom!)

Interested? I'm heading off tomorrow with the T-Van for couple of weeks to the high country in Vic so if you are I will post these with photos when I get back. Plus I will also add a few things that you should consider when configuring your new T-Van.
Thanks, yes very happy to here problems/what to look for. And tips/mods to improve the TVan.

Price wise I'm limited to a Mk2 at best, so possibly Mk 1. Any info about them would be appreciated. But info about others is also useful as very similar.

I'm part of a Land Rover forum and see that owners can be very invested in a brand. Not surprising if youve spending up to $75k for a TVan. While I love the LR products, there some I would never buy.

I have a RAAF Track, and would like to buy local.

Thanks.

RAR110

That should have said "hear" not "here".

Harry Lissimore

I had a Mark 1 (2002) Tvan that I bought second hand in 2011 and I'm in awe of Tvans.  To me they are the most inovated machinery on the market.  They look great and they perform even better.  The only reason I sold it was for the added comfort of a Topaz which is also awesome!

As for Landrovers - the jury is out on that one.  I'm a LR owner, a 1977 Series 3 SWB Rag Top.  Bought it new in "77" and today, it's almost worth what I paid for it way back then.  Although in the last year or so I've pensioned it off to only drive it on certain occasions, I would never consider taking it off road again, considering what these modern 4WDs can do and not even mentioning the level of comfort!
Formerly 2002 TVAN, now a 2015 Topaz Savannah and 2014 Isuzu MU-X LST. Now towing with a 2019 Toyota LC200 GXL.

RAR110

Wow Harry, a one owner S3 SWB would be rare. We took a S2 SWB and County v8 across the Tanami and Kimberly in the mid 90s. It was an amazing trip.

I've gone from a Perentie wagon to a L322, and same I can't see me taking the 110 on any big trip as L322 is so good. The 110 will have to go unfortunately to fund a TVan.

Thanks for the feedback on the Mk1.