News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Family room

Started by webstertwin, March 18, 2018, 07:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webstertwin

G'day all , we have a mk11 2007 tanami , when we purchased a few years ago we also picked up elsewhere a family room , my question is it zips on to our van no worries but has zipper along the bottom but our van does not ,
Would this room originally have been for a mk111 ?      We may be moving it on soon as the kids all have swags ,   Any idea on the $$$$$
Cheers

leachy_9

We have a family room for our 2009 Mk2 and there are no press studs. Maybe it was something the previous owner added.
2009 Tvan pushing a 100 series Turbo Diesel Landcruiser

Cruiser 105Tvan

It doesn't sound normal to have press studs, instead of a zip.
As said, it might have been an owner mod.
If the zip section is still on the edge of the floor, it should still fit to a Tvan with the normal zip.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

webstertwin

Yep , zipper, not press studs
Dont know what i was thinking.
Any idea on the pricing ? Cant seem to find any info
Cheers

Cruiser 105Tvan

Right, now where getting places.

Track fitted a zipper strip if requested at build time, on the Earlier vans.
I believe the Mk3 Tvans all had the zip section, as all since then.
Robert.

JJ7488

Worth what someone wants to pay 😬. Let me know when closer I may be interested
Thanks
JP

leachy_9

Yep on the MK2 Track only installed the bottom zipper on the tent section if a family room was part of the order. To fit a zipper the canvas needs to be removed. The zipper could be fitted either by Track or a local canvas worker. We had the same issue and opted to just but a new canvas section with windows, vents and a tropical roof that were not available when we purchased new. We then on sold out old canvas. The change over cost is about $500.

hulbyw

Yes, worth what someone is prepared to pay, however I suggest you ask TT what they are new so you can negotiate a fair price. 

JJ7488

New about $1200 from TT

Mick78

Quote from: leachy_9 on March 19, 2018, 10:55:44 PM
Yep on the MK2 Track only installed the bottom zipper on the tent section if a family room was part of the order. To fit a zipper the canvas needs to be removed. The zipper could be fitted either by Track or a local canvas worker. We had the same issue and opted to just but a new canvas section with windows, vents and a tropical roof that were not available when we purchased new. We then on sold out old canvas. The change over cost is about $500.

Hello,

Just looking into the family room option. What are the actual mods you carried out! Did you replace the whole side wall to add the zipper and window or did you buy a complete new tent?

Cheers
2002 Tvan

Cruiser 105Tvan

To fit the family room on a tent that never had the lower zip isn't hard.
Mark the canvas tent so you can put it back where it was.
Carefully lift the pinch weld edging making sure you know where it was first, alignment, end position etc..
Pull off the clips carefully, they have teeth and will damage the canvas.
Take the Canvas to your preferred repairer and explain what you want.
Every tent came with the overhead zipper, so the en-suite could be attached.
The zip half for the family room is sewn along the bottom seam/floor edge seam, between the ends of the zipper that's already there.
If you want extra windows, or box vents, now's the time to get them.
Take along a bucket full of money, to the repairers.  So you can pay the ransom to get your tent back.
Robert.

leachy_9

Quote from: Mick78 on December 25, 2018, 08:24:59 PM
Just looking into the family room option. What are the actual mods you carried out! Did you replace the whole side wall to add the zipper and window or did you buy a complete new tent?

We replaced the entire canvas as we wanted to also add additional windows and vents as well as the family room. Being in Perth it worked out about the same change over cost just to purchase a new canvas and sell the old canvas.