Author Topic: Replacing 15 Amp Proteca Charger with a 25 Amp  (Read 730 times)

Offline Lanoseal

• View Profile
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Tvan
Replacing 15 Amp Proteca Charger with a 25 Amp
« on: March 20, 2018, 12:29:16 AM »
Hi one and all I have a 2015 Mark IV Marunji and am looking at fitting second battery myself. From my readings other than running the cables for the second battery I also should replace the Charger with the 25A model and reprogram the monitor.

Has anyone done this and if are there any pitfalls?

Also the second battery box looks a little smaller than the right hand primary, what battery should I consider

Thank you for any comments and help in advance

Dave
Dave
Narangba Brisbane Qld
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2015 Murranji Mk4.

Offline robstevens

• Happy Firetail owner!
    • View Profile
Re: Replacing 15 Amp Proteca Charger with a 25 Amp
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 09:28:29 AM »
My 2017 Firetail comes with two batteries and uses a 25A Projecta charger for them. Seems to work fine.
The second battery box will fit any "standard" 100Ah battery as long as you remove the small angle bracket at the rear end of the box (by drilling out the rivets that hold it in place). If you need more room, remove the angle bracket at the front end of the box... (assuming these brackets are fitted - in my case they were used to hold the slightly small 105Ah AGM battery that Track provides in place)
2017 Firetail (July)
2019 Landcruiser 200 GXL (dual vvt-i petrol)

Offline Gumb

• View Profile
Re: Replacing 15 Amp Proteca Charger with a 25 Amp
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 03:08:00 PM »
We went one bigger and had the 1240 charger installed in our Firetail, works great. I believe the new models will take both solar and car charge at the same time, which is a bit of a benefit I guess. With a set of 150W portable panels to plug directly in to the Anderson on the side of the Tvan when camped up for a few days, we never looked like getting close to low power. They were always 80% plus.
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS