News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Gday all

Started by Tvan_100TD, April 01, 2018, 02:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tvan_100TD

New member, I recently picked up a 2009 Tvan canning after searching and deliberating a long time.

First impression is why the blooming hell didnt i get one ten years ago!

Unit is stock standard, one owner, serviced from new at TT in Melb.

Heading up to NE Arnhem Land in July/Aug.

Thanks all for the info here on these pages, already picked up many tips and ideas.

Anton

2005 HDJ100
2009 Tvan Canning
Healthy sense of misadventure

MarkA

Welcome to glamping,  enjoy you're travels.
200 series LandCruiser
Canning Mk 3
And a Mountian of stuff I don't think we need but apparently it's vital camp equipment.

Cruiser 105Tvan

Hope you have a trouble free trip.
Welcome to the group.
If you find any new or unique ideas, feel free to post them on the forum.
You know where to find it now.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

Tvan_100TD

Thanks gentleman, Robert - good to see someone one here has done what toyota should have done and put a 1hdfte in a 105 series.

Had the 105 before this vehicle (slooooww 1hz), and do miss the live front axle for bush work. Having said that the IFS with the
diff drop and set up properly doesnt do too bad, just got to watch those plastic/rubber bits underneath, but the TJM bash/transmission plates do a fairly good job at protecting most.

Anyway Im an ex NT Parks and Wildlife Ranger (Litchfield NP, Dhimurru IPA - NE Arnhem Land). Spent a little time in the scrub over the
years. Usually just a swag/tent but now with the family we appreciate the little comforts a bit more.

My Tvan has the 160mm axles (previous owner 6 stud prado). Currently in the process of purchasing 5 stud Hubs, and 30 offset 16x7 Rims to get the vehicle able to use the Tvan spares if needed. Thanks PhilG already for the info on this - legend.

Cheers!
Anton

2005 HDJ100
2009 Tvan Canning
Healthy sense of misadventure