News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

7 pin plug ignition signal wire

Started by Lt4vette, April 30, 2018, 04:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lt4vette

Although I'm sure it's here somewhere, I can't find it.
Can someone tell me which pin the ignition sensing wire for the charger is connected to. I *think* it's pin 2, but am wiring up a new car, somwant t9 be sure.
Thanks,
Russell
Tvan Murranji Mark IV
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

DI5CO

Quote from: Lt4vette on April 30, 2018, 04:29:01 PM
Although I'm sure it's here somewhere, I can't find it.
Can someone tell me which pin the ignition sensing wire for the charger is connected to. I *think* it's pin 2, but am wiring up a new car, somwant t9 be sure.
Thanks,
Russell
Yep, pin 2.

Lt4vette

Tvan Murranji Mark IV
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

boobook

Pin 2?

It depends what type of trailer plug you are talking about. Pin 2 on normal round or flat plugs is reverse. The only plug that has battery plus on pin 2 is a EBS type which i guess is new.
Tony,
Landcruiser 200
MK 111 Canning Tvan
VKS 1523
VK3TON

Mal.W

Pin 2 is used as the "wake up" for the DCDC charger in the Tvan. I had to run an ignition 12V supply to my 7 pin flat plug when I updated
to a Mk4 with DCDC charger.

Cheers
Mal
100 series Landcruiser TD, GXV, set up for touring
2015 Mk4 Murranji. On the road full time now ( we were until recently)

Gumb

Quote from: Mal.W on May 05, 2018, 05:45:51 PM
Pin 2 is used as the "wake up" for the DCDC charger in the Tvan. I had to run an ignition 12V supply to my 7 pin flat plug when I updated
to a Mk4 with DCDC charger.

Cheers
Mal
Yep, that's exactly what we had to do too, so that the 1240 Redarc knows that charge is coming from the car and not the solar panel.

Otherwise it was on all the time and powered the 12v fridge in the caravan while travelling, but it was on even when we were parked, which could easily flatten the battery. Since I got the Tvan and had that wire changed to ignition only, it also solves the problem on the caravan.
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS