News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Tvan Tropical Roof Canvas End Mod

Started by Cruiser91, May 03, 2018, 06:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiser 105Tvan

If you use the zip attachment it is.
You can pop a pool noodle in there to get the spacing increase, won't hurt that much if your using a poly tarp.
Secure the pool noodle with an occy strap to the fold over catches, or a bit of that famous blue and yellow rope.

You can fit the sail track onto the top of the edge, if your careful, rather than underneath.
So that when your standing behind the trailer, with the deck folded up, you can see the sail track below the deck edge.
Won't get hit by rocks then.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

Ajax1

Nige

Do you have the dimension of the tarp so I can get one made up

Cheers Andrè

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Young Nomads

Quote from: thewelshgang on May 16, 2018, 08:24:12 PM
Last pic :)

That would have made a huge difference...simple and not fussy!!!!. Once the snow melts...it will pop back up again.
John & Robyn.
Doing life in our healthy years.
Not waiting for the wealthy years. :D
Your coffin is the only place you can't take your TVan and the hearse doesn't have a towbar!
06 LC 100 TD Auto. & 2012 Canning Tvan with all the fruit.

thewelshgang

G'day,
It was hard to get the best pic of the attachment/clearance, but here goes....

• The sail track is riveted on just like the Annex one
  • It has not got damaged by rocks and I've done 1000's of kms of long haul desert runs, a few small marks, I do have wide mud flaps on van
  • Clearance on hatch end to canvas is about 50mm due to exit point of rear canvas
  • Clearance at other end can be whatever you want depending on pole height, I make the centre pole a bit higher than the outside two for water run off.
  • In this pic I have used occy's on the corners, you can pole out straight off the corners if you want, no occy's
  • Can't get dimensions ATM as it is in the back of the van. Will get back to you on that one!! :)
Cheers Nige
The Welsh Gang, TVAN Canning MKll, 200 Series Landcruiser, Mods Everywhere ! My No.1 Rule... Always have a trip locked in & one on the go :-)

Chris Golding

Hi Nige

Looks great! Our tent got crapped on by a possum that had been eating bright red berries!

What did you do to the tarp? It looks like you've cut it to shape. Did you make a bead on the edge of the tarp that slides into the sail track?

Cheers

Chris
2015 Tvan mkIII

2009 LC200 Sahara

thewelshgang

G'day,
Here are the dimensions for the  tropical roof tarp.

The Welsh Gang, TVAN Canning MKll, 200 Series Landcruiser, Mods Everywhere ! My No.1 Rule... Always have a trip locked in & one on the go :-)

thewelshgang

thewelshgang

and the sail track.

BTW I did not buy of this supplier, these are just pics I got off the Googly Web!

Hope this helps everyone a bit :)

Cheers Nige

Cruiser 105Tvan

Robert.

Gumb

and to make it easy threading the sail track in, file off the sharp corners at the end of the track.
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS

Cruiser 105Tvan

Quote from: Gumb on May 21, 2018, 10:25:42 PM
and to make it easy threading the sail track in, file off the sharp corners at the end of the track.
Not just the sharp corners, take to the inside of the opening with a file and make it a funnel shaped/chamfered/bevelled opening.
It'll just make it easier to fit the rope edge, Like Gumb has described
Robert.

Ajax1

Quote from: thewelshgang on May 21, 2018, 07:01:42 PM
G'day,
Thanks heaps for that

Chris Golding

Thanks all. I've added this to my list of projects to complete before our next big trip. It sits at about 519th on the list!  :P
2015 Tvan mkIII

2009 LC200 Sahara

Ajax1

Quote from: thewelshgang on May 21, 2018, 07:01:42 PM
G'day,
Thanks for the mod it works a treat