News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Eagle, the best lightweigt camper.

Started by rob little, June 05, 2018, 01:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob little

Hi I have an original Track Eagle, built in 1994. I knew Alan Mawson and he did many mods on my unit personally. At the time he was working on the series 2 suspension, yes it is good for its military design intent. But the original Sugarglider setup is outstanding, reliable strong and very smooth ride. I have towed this with many vehicles and the results are the same, lite and very manoverable. Today the outback campers are either too large, too heavy, and restrictive for many offroad solo adventures. I hate having to be with another vehicle just to be sure of recovery, my wife and I travel alone, we have camped on the bauxite beaches of Arnem Land and the mountains of the Snowy, from east to west, summer and winter. Now she is 24 years young, my brother has the series 2 suspension and I see little difference in performance. Great unit and a credit to its maker Alan. Cheers

Shaker

I couldn't agree more, I have had Tru Blu, Pioneer, Vista Crossover, currently have AOR Quantum & a Tvan. My sentimental favourite without a doubt was my Track Eagle MC2!

Prado 120 GXL 1KZ Manual
Tvan Mk2 Canning
Australian Off Road Quantum
Swag!