News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Topaz wheel hubs

Started by Gavincb, June 10, 2018, 05:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavincb

Hi,
I have a Topaz Muranji 2011 model with 5 stud pattern wheels.
As it is being towed by my Ranger with a 6 stud pattern I would like to change the studs on the Van so it give me more flexibility on spare tyres.
Has anyone done this and if so what is involved and where did you get the hubs from.?
Thanks in advance,

Cruiser 105Tvan

The Hubs and Brake drum are usually one piece.
See if someone wants to swap their 6 stud drums with you.
Your going to have to identify what vehicle wheel fits your 5 stud hubs, to help others.
Check with Track also, the off-set for your axles may cause you problems with clearance.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

IsuzuTopaz

We did this with a camper trailer and it turned I to a bit of a saga. 1st You need new hubs to suit your axle and brakes. 2nd you have to acquire new rims with offset to suit plus tyres. 3rd the one that tripped us up was we had correct stud pattern on rims for Isuzu but the centre on rim was 5mm smaller than the hub which we had to get turned down. It can be done but research thoroughly.
Isuzu D-Max
Topaz Series 2

Jenny

Quote from: Gavincb on June 10, 2018, 05:34:24 PM
Hi,
I have a Topaz Muranji 2011 model with 5 stud pattern wheels.
As it is being towed by my Ranger with a 6 stud pattern I would like to change the studs on the Van so it give me more flexibility on spare tyres.
Has anyone done this and if so what is involved and where did you get the hubs from.?
Thanks in advance,
We changed ours over to Landcruiser hubs. We bought them from track trailer. My husband changed them over.

lukecattlin

I went through Alko to work out who supplies the hubs, then ended up at Sunshine Trailers who were very helpful in ordering new hubs which I then changed over. Swapped the old hubs with a caravan mechanic to get a little discount on a repiar job. Hubs arent as expensive as you think and it can be done.