Author Topic: Changed fridge in Topaz  (Read 950 times)

Offline Dick and Tanya

• View Profile
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Topaz
Changed fridge in Topaz
« on: June 10, 2018, 05:48:26 PM »
Finally bit the bullet and pulled out the 80ltr Wacoe and replaced it with a 57ltr Engel.  The Engle is not as high so put it on some steel 110mm mounting feet. Used some old topaz shelving to put a 10mm trim so we can slip our shoes in underneath. Looks good, now looking forward to 6 weeks away to try it out

Offline Geoff A

• View Profile
Re: Changed fridge in Topaz
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 05:33:26 PM »
Hi Dick and Tanya
We are very interested to hear how you are finding the new Engel 57L fridge.  How is power usage looking? Are you also using a second fridge? Are you travelling in warm or cool weather.  How much solar are you using?
We are still thinking of making a fridge change.
Thanks
Geoff and Liz

Offline VK3GJM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 01:55:48 PM »
Hi Dick and others,

We are looking to purchase a Topaz very soon. I am looking to have the current door Isotherm CR85 INOX replaced with the DR85 slide out draw unit.

Although both CR/DR models are near identical in size, I an keen to find out what width and height is available. The DR Draw unit steps in at the back bottom section, this may allow it to sit lower and follow the Topaz rear shape at floor level so there may be more space for a slightly taller/wide unit, e.g 130 litre.

This issues is width and height. The DR130 is 745x545x545, HxWxD and the CR85 is 625x494x550, HxWxD. Without seeing the carcus and fridge removed I assume A DR130 2 draw unit would not fit?

Hope someone has some dimensions?

Regards

Gerald

Savannah Scout.
Discovery 4, 3.0ltr 8 speed, fitted out for long range touring. Fitted with Codan Envoy X2 HF & 9350 Autotune Antenna, VHF/UHF all mode.

Offline Harry Lissimore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 04:09:08 PM »
I had my Isotherm 85 out about 1 month ago.  It's a very tight fit, especially width wise so I wouldn't think the draw model would not fit with the dimensions you gave.

Perhaps Rob M can respond with very up to date data.  He took his Isotherm out today! He could perhaps tell you if there is a chance making the width of the space wider.

Harry
Formerly 2002 TVAN, now a 2015 Topaz Savannah and 2014 Isuzu MU-X LST

Offline VK3GJM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 04:27:38 PM »
Hi Harry,

Thanks for that. I was hoping there was sufficient width gap either side and TT used a some dress metal to fill the gaps so you can play with some error.

I had hoped a larger capacity fridge could be fitted. Will resort to a another fridge/freezer in FHS draw.

Going to fit Lithium batteries, a pair of 100a/h will provide far greater energy magenement combined with LiFePo4 Cycle life charge/discharge and their long Gevity with depth of discharge. 

Regards

Gerald

Savannah Scout.
Discovery 4, 3.0ltr 8 speed, fitted out for long range touring. Fitted with Codan Envoy X2 HF & 9350 Autotune Antenna, VHF/UHF all mode.

Offline Rob M

• View Profile
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Tvan
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 09:08:02 PM »
The Isotherm fridge is
height 620 mm
Width 480
Depth 580. This is the only dimension where there is any space to play with
As Harry said it is an extremely tight fit. A couple of mm top and sides.You may have to remove the cutlery drawer if you want more height.
Also need to consider air flow/ ventilation around the fridge.

Previously 2009 Tvan Canning and now Topaz Series2 towed by Landcruier 200 series

Offline Geoff A

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 06:37:37 AM »
Hi Dick and Tanya
Re my earlier post, how are you going with the change to Engel 57 liter fridge?
Geoff and Liz

Offline DavidCee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 06:44:03 PM »
Do you have a pic of the new fridge?
Would be interested in the amount of actual useable capacity difference from the old fridge
Also if you notice any variation in the power consumption and ability to stay cold.
2011 Topaz
2010 Dmax

Offline VK3GJM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 08:58:42 PM »
Getting the DR85 fitted on 10th Dec plus some leak stop repairs.

I am keen to look at DR current and useable space efficiency as opposed to a door unit.

Not having a fridge in the living area to stock the high use items is a pain.

Just a quick update, the single Enerdrive 200a/h lithium is fantastic.

People, DO NOT parallel LiFePo4 e,g 2 x 100a/h, unless you manage their “charge” separately and both can be isolated during charge, or you can CAN bus each pack BMS to equalise and determine full of each. You are wasting your time and money otherwise.
Savannah Scout.