News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

New TVan owner - finally

Started by RAR110, June 16, 2018, 08:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAR110

Gday Rob. Thankfully mostly just a bit of grime. But you are correct there are two cracks. [emoji2959]

TVan Mk2 & RAAF Tactical Trailer

RAR110

Another hiccup. This time with the water to the sink.

I've tried using the kitchen tap for the first time. The tank is full, the tap is on and the pump pump is running. But no water.

Any suggestions? Is there a typical place to start looking?  Thanks.

A secondary issue is nothing is coming from the rear hand pump either. Is this a typical Mk2 hand pump?

Cruiser 105Tvan

Early model pump available from most Caravan Spares shops.
May need to have the valve or leather on the hand pump handle replaced or at least moistened.
You may need to check the filter under the back beside the chassis, and make sure it flows without blockage.
There may be another one beside the chassis, just in front of the kitchen side wheel, on the inside of the chassis.
The pump is normally in the kitchen cavity on the wall nearest the rear.
To get at this pump, the kitchen has to be pulled out and supported whilst out.
Undo the 1/2"(12mm.) bolts on the slides, pushing the forward most slide back in.
Using a camping table or sawhorses, turn the kitchen away from the opening towards the front of the trailer.
May be an air leak rather than a blockage too.
Now get some small person (gnome) to climb in there and get the pump working.
Good luck with it.

There are other threads about this.
A search using 'Shurflo kitchen pump' will bring them up for you.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

RAR110

RAR110

Now the fam is on holidays, the stove is on holidays. Again.

It worked when I tested it at home.  Now, it sometimes it stays on and mostly NOT.  Just keeps shutting off the gas.

Mmmmm. Maybe I should have bought a Mk3, or kept the Kimberly Chinese knock off. At least all 4 burners worked every time and the water from the tap materialised when the tap was turned on.

Probably expecting too much.

Cruiser 105Tvan

Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

RAR110

Gday Rob. Just a bit of a rant. Otherwise the TVan is getting the thumbs up from the family, which is the aim. The fans and lights are a winner.

I also bought some disc-o-bunks which have worked well. I did have to shorten the bunk length to fit, but allows two sturdy beds in the fold down area and space to get through. So happy with that.

peterd

One to make you laugh. On our last trip down the Darling the boss lady had a lot of trouble with the stove not staying on , spent much time actually holding knobs down to keep flame alight. After much fiddling by me , new regulator in Bourke and much swearing by her she eventually did the pills and bashed the living s..... out of the control knobs-- has worked perfectly ever since. Needless to say, I stayed well clear for a while. After 10years and  over 120000ks outback we still love our Tvan
PeterD
M2 Muranji

RAR110

Thanks Pete. I'm chief cook on camping holidays. I've also been holding down the knobs. I might try the bashing option. [emoji16]

The location and ocean view through the trees helps.

RAR110

There's been a bit of rain so decided to try the wall out as a extended awning.

I've moved the thermocouple a bit on both burners so each sits more in the flame. That's helped a lot.

Frankrhona

Rar110,
Just a thought on your water supply to the sink. If you have a faucet like the one attached it has a valve on the end. Rotate it to let the water flow.
Cheers Andrew
Andrew & Clare
2005 ZD30 Patrol
2006 Canning Tvan

RAR110

Thanks Andrew. Yes done that. I suspect I have an air leak somewhere on the suction side.

ccol2621

Quote from: Ajax1 on June 23, 2018, 02:42:09 PM
That looks like you have a fault. We were going to buy a jetboil for coffees in the morning, but were very surprised how quick the billy boiled compared to our last camper

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We use the Jetboil for boling small amounts of water - brilliant invention and great for light weight bushwalking/camping. Our Mk2 kitchen stove is too slow.
MKII Canning TVAN - short drawbar.
2014 Prado 150 (facelift diesel auto)