News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Suspension

Started by Kimmilly, July 14, 2018, 05:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmilly

Just replaced shocks in Kununurra on our mark 3 after the Mitchell falls track and suspension is still way too loose.  Had to use old man emu shocks but right length

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

I tried to post a video but can't get it through

Kim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cruiser 105Tvan

Track have a strangle hold on the correct shocks for your Tvan.
They aren't available from anywhere except an Authorized Track Agent.
There has been mention of rear shocks from the Landcruiser Ute (76/79 series, not sure which) being very close to right, if you have no other option.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

Kimmilly

Thanks Robert.   They were OME for a rodeo—- right length and bushes so I am thinking it may be a bigger issue_— tyres also seem to be wearing on the inside

Cruiser 105Tvan

Have you had the bushes on the long arms checked for damage?
One is Land Rover I think and the other is Toyota Cruiser.
You'd have to check with Track for sure, about your options on them.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

Harry Lissimore

If you have some time, Track can send you up the shocks rather quickly.  Give them a call.
Formerly 2002 TVAN, now a 2015 Topaz Savannah and 2014 Isuzu MU-X LST. Now towing with a 2019 Toyota LC200 GXL.

Nev

Check your carrier washers for movement, mine keeped  wearing out. Had them replaced twice now.
The second time there wore out in approximately 2500k
Track think there is something wrong with the suspension for them to ware out.
Now replacing the suspension.
The carrier washers are welded on the long arms were the two bolts go through the bushes.
Nev
2013, 76 Series Landcruser,
2011 Tvan Murranji.

PeterCo

Did the same track as part of a 19,000 lap n 2016. At the end our tyres were wearing both on one side. The suspension apparently needs aligning and it is part of the Track service. Took it to Melb (from Canberra) for a full service and apparently it was indeed out of alignment. In the 20,000 km of running since then the tyres have worn back even (!) before recently replacing them. Carry a spare Koni shock, bushes from Track but haven't needed them yet.
Peter
2015 Tvan Canning
2013 Prado 150 GXL Diesel

KnK

We have have just replaced our Konis in Broome and Tvan is going in today to have the carrier plate bushes replaced, we have somewhere around 30K on the trailer. Kimberley Trailer Parts is doing ours.

Feels like a lot of work for a relatively new trailer!

monktm

Would have thought the shocks would have lasted longer than that

Nev

Has anyone else have had the carrier washers replaced because of wear?
The carrier washers are welded on each side of the long arms where the two bolts go through the carrier bushes.
Nev
2013, 76 Series Landcruser,
2011 Tvan Murranji.