Author Topic: Drawer fridge under bed  (Read 376 times)

Offline MarkB

• View Profile
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Tvan
Drawer fridge under bed
« on: August 27, 2018, 10:12:52 AM »
Hi all. We are about to purchase a 2005 Tvan and are considering installing an Evacool 40 ltr drawer fridge under the bed. Has any one done the same and should the space be sufficient.
Cheers Mark and Sandy
The external dimensions are 830D 590W 325H
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 10:18:03 AM by MarkB »

Offline Pete and Lez

• View Profile
Re: Drawer fridge under bed
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 02:05:35 PM »
I reckon PhilG has one, sure there is some info on here somewhere about it. Welcome to the forum.
2015 76 Landcruiser GXL
2007 MK11 TVan Tanami

Offline MarkB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 05:14:16 PM »
Thanks for that.

Offline Phil G

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 01:25:35 PM »
Gday Mark, 
The Evacool is a lot bigger fridge than the Waeco I fitted, so can't see any way you can make it fit under the bed.
Heres the link to the Waeco CD30 from a few years back. http://www.tracktrailerforums.com/index.php?topic=1437.0
It was the only one on the market back then,  but since then Engel have come out with a copy of it and as you point out, Evacool now have a 40L drawer fridge.  A few friends have also fitted the Waeco.

The Waeco  is very quiet which helps when you're sleeping on top of it.  Power consumption has been OK - I use a single AGM battery topped up by a 60W roof panel.  It fits with a couple of cm to spare (250mm high).  The evacool is 325mm high, so can't see it fitting  but on teh plus side there is a chance a milk carton might stand up inside,  and it can be used purely as a freezer (-16 deg).  The Waeco can only be used as a fridge - goes down to minus 2 deg.
The Waeco is 18kg.  The Evacool is a hefty 35kg.

But I think under the bed is a great place for a second fridge (I like the first fridge to be in the car so that food travels with you when out for the day).  It keeps the ball weight down.  I have also moved my battery to behind the RH wheel so find my Tvan is well balanced no matter how I load it.  Fridge stays clean, is out of the sun and gets good air circulation.   I can put a box of spares behind it and as you can see from the photos in the link, 4 Kitab boxes as well.
Main downside withe the drawer fridge is the lack of height inside but we like it for drinks and and beer o'clock essentials like haloumi, chorizo and cheese!!!  On the longer desert trip it gets stocked with tomatos and the like.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 01:36:01 PM by Phil G »
Phil
2003 Tvan behind a 2012 200series Landcruiser

Offline MarkB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 07:48:53 PM »
Hi phil, thanks so much for your great info. Brilliant to have someone with first hand experience. This is my first time on the forum but can see that the info available is going to be invaluable.
Cheers,
Mark