News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

First Tvan ready to go!

Started by Aardvark, August 29, 2018, 08:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aardvark

Finally after 6 months picked up my Murranji last Wednesday. Very excited to get going and have got it all set up and packed.  :D

Young Nomads

Congratulations!!!
What model eg M3, 4, 5etc
It is fun getting packed up to go..it's the cleaning up after that is a drag :(
John & Robyn.
Doing life in our healthy years.
Not waiting for the wealthy years. :D
Your coffin is the only place you can't take your TVan and the hearse doesn't have a towbar!
06 LC 100 TD Auto. & 2012 Canning Tvan with all the fruit.

Cruiser 105Tvan

Happy travels, hope it all goes well, and welcome to the Forum.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

Explorer_John

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your purchase.  You'll find the forum is a great source of ideas on TVAN use and also great when you have a question that needs answering.
Cheers
John
John
Prado 150
Mk 4 Firetail with extras

Aardvark

I have been reading up on things in the forum during the last 6 months in anticipation! Indeed a very useful source of information. We got the MK 5 Murranji with a few extras.
Have fitted out kitchen drawers with foam storage for all plates, cups & pots, etc. so that they are out of 'corrugations' harm! Also fitted a washing machine drainage hose permanently to the sink drain which coils up neatly under/around the sink. Fitted an Engel socket for my fridge by making an adaptor plate rather than drilling a larger hole where the current merritt plug is - couldn't bear to drill a hole in my new van! I will post photos at some stage.

Planning a 6 month trip in early 2020 to see the north western part of the country, can't wait - now that I have the van I want to leave tomorrow. But locked into a job until end or 2019 and need to earn something between now and then to 'soften' the initial van outlay! It will have to be a series of smaller trips until then.

Cruiser 105Tvan

Don't forget to work out some way of keeping the power cords away from the fridge slide.
The Fridge slide will act like a guillotine.
Robert.

Chuin

Fridge cable saver
https://www.drifta.com.au/product/fridge-cable-saver/

And it works too. Enjoy your van - we are expecting our Topaz is about 6 weeeks
2018 Topaz Savannah/2014 Isuzu MU-X

Jim and Lyn

That cable saver is pretty nifty! We use a kayak paddle lanyard which is a spring cable to pull the wire along the side of the fridge. It's one of the problems we found when we changed from the Engel with power at the back to the Engel which is powered from the front. BCF has the lanyards for about ten or fifteen bucks but you do have to muck about a bit with cable ties etc to connect them to the power cable.
Cheers
Jim
Jim & Lyn
LC100, 1HDFTE and 2005 Tvan

Cruiser 105Tvan

I use an occy strap to hold the cable up.  (In the back of my 105.)
Just have to put something in the front box to hook it to.
The strap doesn't have to be very long either, just wrap it around the cable once or twice.
Robert.