News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Fusion MS -RA205. Topaz 2016

Started by Topaz owner, January 01, 2022, 04:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topaz owner

Hi All.
I have Recently had My Fusion MS-RA205 fail in our Topaz 2016.
The unit will not turn on but only displays the "fusion" icon on the front panel.
I am defiantly no expert but i have checked wiring and all seems to be ok.
I am wondering if anyone else has had an issue with there's?
If you have needed to replace the unit?, if so what model, as the RA205 is no loner manufactured/or serviced.
I appreciate any replies.
Thanks
Michael.

tastrax

I believe there is a rest function for the radio so that is probably worth a try. Below is a link to the manual (in case you dont have one)

https://assets.fusionentertainment.com/products/downloads/MS-RA205_Manual_Update.pdf?mtime=20170929155426&focal=none
Cheers - Phil

2006 Tvan Tanami (with a few extras)
2010 Isuzu Dmax LS-U

chris peiro

hey topaz owner,
                       the fusion in our 2018 topaz stopped working as well over x-mas. looking online they recommend holding the power button for 10 seconds to reset the unit or removing the power source for several minutes , i tried these and nothing worked, for a radio that has been sitting in a van under full cover all its life i am not overly impressed. but then again this is my second topaz and i am not overly impressed with the van or the company track trailer.

RTM have fusion radios for sale that will fit straight in they coast $399.00

lets us know if you get it to work.

cheers chris

tastrax

If you have done a factory reset it may also be worth making sure the tuner region is set to Australia.
Cheers - Phil

2006 Tvan Tanami (with a few extras)
2010 Isuzu Dmax LS-U

Topaz owner

Hey.
Sorry about the VERY late reply.
I have done all the suggestions.
Removed, disconnected etc. etc.
Unfortunately didn't work, Chris I feel the same due to the van not having been off road (what it is designed for) and fusion don't actually make the model MS-RA205 anymore.
so to replace the stereo it will be $500 for a MS210 which has the same dimensions but different wiring harness.
Can anyone advise if they think it may be a earth problem?
I have read on other forums that these can have an earth fault but i believe that is more related to marine applications??
thanks
Michael.