Author Topic: Assistance needed  (Read 384 times)

Offline Desert track

• View Profile
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Tvan
Assistance needed
« on: May 30, 2019, 05:23:09 PM »
It would be appreciated if any member of the forum who has a Topaz Eyre 2017 (series 2) preferably with a north / south bed. Could advise if their kitchen lights have independent switches or can only be switch off by the main switch by the door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Rob M

• View Profile
Re: Assistance needed
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 12:50:31 PM »
Our Topaz is a 2016 series 2 but I don’t think the lighting has changed. On ours, the kitchen lights can only be turned on and off with the switch at the door.
Previously 2009 Tvan Canning and now Topaz Series2 towed by Landcruier 200 series

Offline Desert track

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 01:16:03 PM »
Thanks Rob I have had a discussion with TT and they advised that the supplier stopped making the kitchen lights with a switch hence the only way to turn off the lights is by the switch at the door. The only problem is that the right hand lights over the bed are on the same circuit, therefore the kitchen lights have to be on to use the bed lights. Hence my query as the manual states that all internal lights apart from the roof lights have independent switches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Rob M

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 01:13:32 PM »
I am not sure of the wiring circuit. However, it may or may not be possible to put switches on the kitchen lights. If all are on the one circuit then could require running additional wiring. Not easy.
Have Track got an obligation to sort it out especially if this is not what you ordered .
Previously 2009 Tvan Canning and now Topaz Series2 towed by Landcruier 200 series

Offline Harry Lissimore

• View Profile
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Topaz
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 01:46:07 PM »
In my 2015 Topaz Savannah, the 3 under hatch kitchen lights are on the same circuit as the RHS spot/bed lights and the RHS Sirocco fan. However, each kitchen light has its own switch built in to the light, as do the spot/bed lights and the fan, so the master switch by the door turns them all on and then you turn each light and fan on or off  individually as required.  I would think that having to have the kitchen lights on when only the fan or the bed light is required would be unworkable for me.  We often have the fan on during the night and it would be terrible to have to have the kitchen lights blazing as well.

If your Topaz has a spare switch in the switch panel at the door as mine does, I would consider putting the kitchen lights onto that.

Harry
Formerly 2002 TVAN, now a 2015 Topaz Savannah and 2014 Isuzu MU-X LST