T-Van Wireless Remote Light Switch Controller for Awning Lights & Internal Light

Started by Wetjala, October 09, 2018, 11:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wetjala

Following on from an earlier post by member "Howezit" entitled "Removing Mk4 Kitchen/Awning Light" I thought I would enter a new post detailing how to build a wireless remote controller for the external awning LED lights and internal LED strip lights for the T-Van (a Mk IV in my case but may apply to other models) in case anyone was interested. My motive for building this was to avoid fumbling around in the dark with a torch to gain access to the main internal switch panel from the outside so I could control the lights as I don't like to leave the lights on draining the batteries unless we are in the immediate vicinity – cooking, having dinner or just retiring to bed after sitting around a campfire in the evening.

I've cobbled together what I hope is a reasonably simple and clear document that should help anyone interested in building one for use with their own T-Van which I have attached for reference. As noted this unit was built to suit my own 2016 Mk IV T-Van so I'm not sure whether it would be suitable for other models, but I don't see why I couldn't be with some relatively minor modifications.

(Note: To be able to post this document here on the forum I need to reduce its size which mostly affected the clarity of the embedded photos. Hopefully the final resolution will suffice regardless.)

MarkA

I didn't use this for the tvan but I have used one for another project.
12V Wireless RF Remote Control Switch 1 CH Relay 433MHz Transmitter + Receiver
There under $10 and the range appears good.
200 series LandCruiser
Canning Mk 3
And a Mountian of stuff I don't think we need but apparently it's vital camp equipment.

Gumb

Interesting idea and yes, it can be a pain going in and out to switch on the lights. Thanks for the detailed instructions.
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS

Cruiser 105Tvan

Owning a Mk 2 with the radio box fitted, I mounted the annexe and hatch light switch's in the face of the radio box just inside the trailer.
You might have to negotiate the annexe, but not that hard to find.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

AllanK

Thanks for the instructions.
I have a 2017 Murranji so I have downloaded the details for a closer look (and most likely fitment) in the future.
Allan