News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Replacing batteries in mk3 2011

Started by AsH_, October 22, 2018, 07:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsH_

Im replacing both batteries in my tvan and not sure which to go for.

I hear a lot about full river dc batteries. Ive attached a screenshot of one i found. Is this tje correct for a deep cycle?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AsH_

Or this?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Patrol Dude

Hi Ash, definitely go the full river mate. I also have a 2011 Tvan and just replaced the original battery's this year with new Fullriver 105 units.

Big hint - while the batteries are out take the time to really clean the inside and out side of the battery box. Once cleaned apply some good black gal paint. Once dried put a truck load of silicone around the entire box inside and out. Make sure you it a lot around the cable entry at the rear of the box both inside and out and around all the rivets on the inside of your rear wheel arch. Let it all dry and then check it for leaks with a hose.

Also take the time to make a good strap to lift the new battery in and out. Finally place some vibration rubber under your battery and some pieces of normal rubber down the sides to stop the battery rubbing on the rivets.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Jeff & Trish
RockVegas
2020 79 Dual Cab
2011 TVan Murranji (with lots of stuff) :)
2021 T4 Rhapsody

Eelezy

Paul from Track Trailer also recommended lookng at Lead Cystal batteries which can be discharged to zero without harm, don't need special chargers amd can be left discharged for two years...we currently have a single full river in our mark three, but will look into the lead cystal if it dies...
Chris
2014 Mark Three Canning with extras, 76 series V8 Landcruiser...(you know you want one!)

Gumb

Lead crystal is the way I'll be going too, once this set are done.
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS

Nomadic

I don't believe the lead crystal claims and when I looked at them there was a lack of verifiable data. Too much money for what appears to be not much more than a conventional Pb battery. Then again I don't like the completely sealed black-box LiFePo4 batteries they are flogging now either.  We have had Fullriver fail early in a boat and a Supacheap battery go 5 years in the Landcruiser so it's the luck of the draw. All depends what your loads are and how well it can be maintained above 70% SOC.
If you can't keep the state of charge up in the battery it's not going to last as long.
Furiously working on our bucket list before time and money runs out.
Allan & Joan
1HD-FT 80 series  & Isuzu NPS 300
2010 Topaz - evolving into a expedition camper.