News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Extra Awnings

Started by Chuin, November 05, 2018, 06:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuin

I'm looking for other's ideas and experiences about extra awnings on the Topaz. I am keen to add a small awning to cover the front window and maybe one for the RH side to keep the sun out.

Has anyone got these? Do they work in keeping the van cool? What set ups do you have?

Thanks in advance.
2018 Topaz Savannah/2014 Isuzu MU-X

Dick and Tanya

We purchased a small one that slides into the shower j track for $37 from Dave Benson in Adelaide. Covers the back where the fridge is.

Chuin

Hmmm, hadn't thought about the fridge - good idea though! Getting some quotes now for simple sails to slide into sail track.
2018 Topaz Savannah/2014 Isuzu MU-X

Rob M

I too am looking at an additional shade awning for the Topaz. Thule make a privacy screen that slides into the sail track on the awning. The sail track is smaller than the standard one used for the annex .
My thoughts are to see if the smaller sail track is procurable. If it is then would fit it to the Topaz roof on the opposite side to the awning.
Would then use the Thule privacy screen on both the awning side and the opposite side. Save carrying multiple pieces.
The possible downside is the cost of Thule products. Keen to consider all options.
Previously 2009 Tvan Canning and now Topaz Series2 towed by Landcruier 200 series

gnome 52

Rob
        We have a SunBuster privacy screen that slides into our awning track ok.  SunBuster are are readily available at some caravan accessory places or their factory is in Caboolture.
2011 topaz / 2005 4.2td patrol

Rob M

Thanks Gnome. I will follow up as it will almost certainly be a cheaper option
Previously 2009 Tvan Canning and now Topaz Series2 towed by Landcruier 200 series

Redfin

Most probably too large but will post anyway for all to see.
Oztrail make a range of awning extenders for sailtracks.

VK3GJM

Fitted RHS awning. CGEAR 3000mm wide via awning guide which I pop riveted to pop up roof.

Very effective during the heat of the day in keeping direct sun away from the RHS surface.

Regards

Gerald
Savannah Scout.
Discovery 4, 3.0ltr 8 speed, fitted out for long range touring. Fitted with Codan Envoy X2 HF & 9350 Autotune Antenna, VHF/UHF all mode.

VK3GJM

To provide more useable living space during the heat of the day. the LHS 2nd awning did the job well.

The Extra poles and ropes provided sufficient shade during sun rotation.

Regards

Gerald
Savannah Scout.
Discovery 4, 3.0ltr 8 speed, fitted out for long range touring. Fitted with Codan Envoy X2 HF & 9350 Autotune Antenna, VHF/UHF all mode.