News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Front Water Tank Mountings

Started by Nifty, November 27, 2018, 04:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nifty

Should the front water tank be supported or protected by foam sheets, as the rear one is? Mine seems to be sitting just on a bed of gravel (all that remains after removal of 20 litres of outback stones) and I think I might as well add some protection now that I'm this far in to it.

Cruiser 105Tvan

Would be a good thing to do, now your inside the housing.
When the tank and cover is back up, fix a piece of Gal flashing across the floor underside.   
Cover the gap between the chassis and the floor underside, just in front of the tank enclosure.
Has to cover the whole span between the chassis rails.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

Nifty

Yes, well, that became an abandoned bit of a project didn't it. After removing the straps and the tank itself, and preparing a nice bit of half inch rubber for the base, I discovered I'd have to modify the straps at least, to be able to put it together again. I'll bet I'm not the first either. I settled for foam down the edges instead, attached a couple of dozen hose clamps, freed up the electric pump and replaced the hand pump, so objective largely met. Those hand pumps are a good way to conserve water, aren't they?

SuePaul

Paul managed to get 32kgs from around our front tank and we agree with Cruiser 105 about covering the gap is a must!