News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

240 volt power shorting out

Started by Treme, December 07, 2018, 10:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treme

Anyone had issues with the 240v power shorting out and tripping the house fuses.
I have managed to access the mass of wires next to the battery and nothing is obvious.
Wondering if the water heater might be playing up.

Any one have a electrical wiring diagram?

2011 model Topaz

David

Pete930

Start by unplugging all the "appliances" in the Topaz, battery charger etc etc etc so that you only have the Topaz plugged straight into 240v with nothing internally connected to a power point. Then plug in and turn on one appliance at a time. You will then find which one is causing the 240 volt to trip out. Once you find which circuit that is faulty make a call and get a 240v electrician in for further testing.

Jenny

We had a problem like that, it was the circuit breaker. Old and worn out. Had it replaced, no problems now.

Harry Lissimore

We've had our Topaz II Savannah for just under 4 years now and have never had the 240 V circuit breaker trip or the house circuit breaker trip, nor have I heard of any other Topaz having this problem and I keep in touch with about a dozen or so Topaz owners.

I do have Topaz wiring diagrams but I thought that they were on the forum anyway.  If you can't find them, let me know your email address and I'll email them to you.

Harry
Formerly 2002 TVAN, now a 2015 Topaz Savannah and 2014 Isuzu MU-X LST. Now towing with a 2019 Toyota LC200 GXL.

Treme

I found the problem, seems the 240v side of the water heater has shorted out.
I isolated it all out and plugged it into an extension lead separate from the van and dead short.

How hard is it to access the water heater?

Or I am thinking that we never use the hot water side on 240 so might leave it unplugged😀

David

AMW

Hi Harry, we would be interested in the Topaz wiring diagrams. We are having trouble with the fridge fan staying on despite the fridge being off and draining the batteries

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk