News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Rear bar protection slide plates, free.

Started by VK3GJM, September 05, 2018, 09:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VK3GJM

Hi All,

Dicko provided some insight of his rear protection slide bar for his Topaz after damage of the rear door area due to heavy articulation.

I worked with TT to weld a set of plates before my chassis will get galvanised. During the process of design, I created a pair of extra laser cut 10mm think black steel plates to fit the rear cross bar in the event of welding and fitment limitations.

Both plates allow fitment on each side and are angled at 22.6 degrees same as body angle and provide the square hole for stability legs to still fit through the plate.

Other plates to weld onto frame and connecting plates are easy to fabricate. If someone is interested, please drop me a PM, will send photo.

Cannot add photo due to size.

Weight might be an issue for post, it could cost $10-15 to send.

Regards

Gerald
Savannah Scout.
Discovery 4, 3.0ltr 8 speed, fitted out for long range touring. Fitted with Codan Envoy X2 HF & 9350 Autotune Antenna, VHF/UHF all mode.

VK3GJM

Hi All,

Plates added to new build. My first mod before delivery. TT have been excellent in the support and communication to have these welded in place prior to galvanisation of the chassis.

Regards

Gerald
Savannah Scout.
Discovery 4, 3.0ltr 8 speed, fitted out for long range touring. Fitted with Codan Envoy X2 HF & 9350 Autotune Antenna, VHF/UHF all mode.

VK3GJM

Hi All,

The protection slide bar project is complete. It now comes with added bling, a scissor step with adjustable feed and held in place with 6mm quick release pins.

Step compresses down and can be easily stored in the Topaz step void. Extremely pleased with the outcome as these steps are sure footed and provide that extra step landing when the van is on unloved ground and the back is raised.

The Forklift A780x and all terrain feet A8000 are available from Palomino RV Australia. John was very helpful.

Regards

Gerald
Savannah Scout.

VK3GJM

Due to limits of posting with photo size and total size,

below is another shot.

Regards

Gerald
Savannah Scout.

VK3GJM

Hi All,

During a recent storm coming my way at 80-100km/hr, I noticed the lower internal edge to be quite slippery when wet. I did loose my footing with an interesting result.

To prevent future slipping and show forum users the location, I used a quality adhesive sand paper grip tape (yellow).

I will also add the tape to the scissor steps to assist with further grip.

Regards

Savannah Scout.