News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Light switch

Started by Desert track, December 31, 2018, 09:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desert track

I have a 2017 series 2 Topaz. On the switch board next to the door the top 3 switches are Kitchen lights, Roof lights, Lights.
I would assume that the Light switch should activate the 4 side lights over the bed. However, it only operate the 2 on the left side, the 2 on the right only operate when the Kitchen lights are on. Is this correct or are they wired incorrectly.
Also can the fridge be isolated when in storage, if the door is left open to vent the light stays on. To solve this I have removed bulb is there another way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Lissimore

The Kitchen lights switch give power to the over bench lighting in the kitchen and the over bed spotlights on the right hand  (wardrobe) side.  The middle switch is the overhead roof lights and the LH Lights switch (gives power to the spotlights going down the left hand (door) side.

With Isotherm fridges, where the fridge door catch locks into the frame, there is a sliding striker.  Sliding that to the left or right will enable the fridge to almost close ie the door will be slightly ajar.  This will let the fridge air and the door is not open enough to turn the light on.

Have you also noticed that the shower rose, if it's the same as my 2015 Topaz has a switch you press to turn the shower on.  If you flick the switch lever the opposite way, then the water will stay on continuously without having to hold it on!

Happy New Year

Harry
Formerly 2002 TVAN, now a 2015 Topaz Savannah and 2014 Isuzu MU-X LST. Now towing with a 2019 Toyota LC200 GXL.

Desert track

Quote from: Harry Lissimore on December 31, 2018, 10:33:56 AM
The Kitchen lights switch give power to the over bench lighting in the kitchen and the over bed spotlights on the right hand  (wardrobe) side.  The middle switch is the overhead roof lights and the LH Lights switch (gives power to the spotlights going down the left hand (door) side.

With Isotherm fridges, where the fridge door catch locks into the frame, there is a sliding striker.  Sliding that to the left or right will enable the fridge to almost close ie the door will be slightly ajar.  This will let the fridge air and the door is not open enough to turn the light on.

Have you also noticed that the shower rose, if it's the same as my 2015 Topaz has a switch you press to turn the shower on.  If you flick the switch lever the opposite way, then the water will stay on continuously without having to hold it on!

Happy New Year

Harry
Thanks Harry much appreciated.
Does seem odd to me that the kitchen and right side lights are on the same wiring as you can't just switch off the bed light as you can on the left. You also have to get out of bed to turn kitchen lights off
Will check out shower as I haven't used it yet.

Harry Lissimore

Yes you can't switch off the kitchen lights from the bed but you can switch off the bedside spotlights on both sides of the bed using the switches on the lights.  When going to bed at night, I routinely leave the LH lights and the Kitchen Light and the rangehood main switches on (Top Right, Top Left and bottom middle switches on the bank of switches near the door) then turn all the kitchen lights and spotlights off, then turn on the spotlight over the bed on so I can turn that off later from the bed.  I leave the rangehood master switch on because if I get up in the middle of the night, the rangehood light is a good light to turn on - not too bright.
Formerly 2002 TVAN, now a 2015 Topaz Savannah and 2014 Isuzu MU-X LST. Now towing with a 2019 Toyota LC200 GXL.

Chuin

Well thank you Harry re the info about the fridge slider. Did not know this and I was removing the bulb so the I could air the fridge.
2018 Topaz Savannah/2014 Isuzu MU-X

Harry Lissimore

Chuin,
I didn't know that either and I was also guilty of removing the light bulb.  One day I just happened to read the manual for the Isotherm because I thought it was strange that you couldn't leave the door open to air without the light being on continuously and there it was, described in the manual!

H

Desert track

Quote from: Harry Lissimore on January 03, 2019, 12:22:44 AM
Chuin,
I didn't know that either and I was also guilty of removing the light bulb.  One day I just happened to read the manual for the Isotherm because I thought it was strange that you couldn't leave the door open to air without the light being on continuously and there it was, described in the manual!

H
Harry
I have worked out the issue with the Kitchen & RHS bed lights.
The 3 Kitchen LED lights do not have independent switches and can only be switched of at the isolating switch. Will need to talk to TT about it the manual state all cabin lights apart from main central lights can be switched of independently.

Harry Lissimore

Desert Track,
Are you sure about that.  If your kitchen lights are the same as mine, there are 3 of them, they are about 12 inches long and have 60 LED lights in each, and there is a button on one end of each one that toggles the light on and off.

Harry

Desert track

Quote from: Harry Lissimore on January 03, 2019, 09:33:22 AM
Desert Track,
Are you sure about that.  If your kitchen lights are the same as mine, there are 3 of them, they are about 12 inches long and have 60 LED lights in each, and there is a button on one end of each one that toggles the light on and off.

Harry
They are 12 inches long with 16 LED lights in each 3 Lights but no switch anywhere. Have contact TT and waiting for them to ring back. The van has a north / south bed so I am thinking they may have changed the set up and all bed lights are meant to be wired to the light switch and not the RHS to the kitchen. Will wait and see.

Desert track

Quote from: Desert track on January 03, 2019, 11:26:22 AM
They are 12 inches long with 16 LED lights in each 3 Lights but no switch anywhere. Have contact TT and waiting for them to ring back. The van has a north / south bed so I am thinking they may have changed the set up and all bed lights are meant to be wired to the light switch and not the RHS to the kitchen. Will wait and see.

TT acknowledged that some vans back in 2017 went through with incorrectly light wiring. Will have all 4 bed lights connected to light switch leaving the kitchen lights on there own switch.

Harry Lissimore

So you only have all the kitchen lights on or off. We would never use all 3 kitchen lights at the same time.