News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Waeco fridge repairer Melbourne

Started by Penguin, January 07, 2019, 11:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penguin

Hi all

I know that this is a bit off topic, but I need a recommendation for a Waeco fridge repairer in Melbourne. I have a CF-50 fridge and I think the thermostat is gone (not an unusual fault from what I can find on the net). The Gauge reads 60C and fridge goes all the time. The red switch is in the normal operating position, no the "emergency override" position.

The fridge is in Brunswick at the moment. Has anybody used any local repairers? I need the repair done fairly soon, but not urgent.

Cheers

D

three1four2

I have used Mills Refrigeration, Montrose.  Operates out of a large shed in his yard (he used to be in a factory off Canterbury Road), but is an official repairer, and knows what he's doing.
https://www.dometic.com/en-au/au/find-a-dealer/australia/montrose/mills-refrigeration--mobile--call--first-6-ruby-rd
pi
Topaz II Savannah 2016 & Disco 4 MY11

Eelezy

We also have the Waeco cf50 as well as the new waeco cfx 28. One of the best mods you can do to the older cf models is to cut the waeco 12 volt cable down as close to the fridge plug-in end and add an anderson plug and heavy cable back to your 12 volt source...eg in the back of your car. This helps us enormously to prevent the voltage drop  making the fridge go into error mode...worth doing once you get the themostate sorted...
Chris
2014 Mark Three Canning with extras, 76 series V8 Landcruiser...(you know you want one!)

Gumb

My Waeco (CF 40) just plugs in to a merit plug I had fitted to the back of the car where the 3rd row seats used to be. The cable is standard and apart from it getting caught in the fridge slide at times. I've never had an issue with any error mode. Maybe you had a fault in your fridge ?
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS

Cruiser 105Tvan

Dometic have a repairer off Westall Road, Clayton South, 03-9574 1900
www.everythingcaravans.com.au
No affiliation, had a 3way Chescold fixed there a long time ago.
They weren't that expensive, and the fridge kept going for a few years longer.
I use Engels now, lot less hassle.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

Penguin

Thanks for the leads - I will follow up.

D

Seals

Been waiting for years to replace my Autofridge but it's still going after 20Years. If it goes phut, not sure I'll go the Waeco route.
New and very pleased Scout owner