News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Darche 270 Awning on Trek Tech bracket MkIV

Started by Alan Loy, January 09, 2019, 08:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Loy

Just saw a Darche 270 Awning on a Trek Tech bracket posted on Facebook by Michelle Steven Palfrey.  It looked like a great setup.

Does anyone have any more detailed info about this type of setup?

Gumb

I saw that too but I did have some reservations. It's a great set up if you are staying a couple of days but it looks like a fair amount of work and quite a few pegs for an overnight stop. I've got those brackets with a 3m standard awning and it takes no time to set up.  If I'm staying longer then I use the large awning supplied by Track.
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS

Alan Loy

Darche also sell a 180 degree awning.  It's 6 metres long.  Might be a better alternative to the 270.

Still have a gap between Tvan & awning, not good when its wet

stick50jr

Quote from: Alan Loy on January 10, 2019, 10:34:31 AM
Still have a gap between Tvan & awning, not good when its wet

We've added an extra piece to block the gap.   We used the same press studs as the fridge wall and a shock cord with a hook at each end.  I think that'll block the rain and any unwanted wind or sun.  The top edge uses the 'sail track' aluminium groove just like the awning proper (there is one on the top edge for the awning and the bottom edge for our extra bit).

The 3M x 3M awning is mounted using the Tech Trek brackets (thanks Paul).  The awning cost about $180 with a single side wall https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2M-3M-Car-Side-Awning-Extension-Roof-Rack-Top-Tents-Side-Shades-Camping-4X4-4WD/351933440494?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649.  We bought an extra side wall (about $35) and cut it down for the triangular gap filling.  SWMBO did the sewing :)

Gumb

2015 Pajero NX GLS

Alan Loy

smahoney79

Quote from: stick50jr on January 13, 2019, 11:42:45 AM
We've added an extra piece to block the gap.   We used the same press studs as the fridge wall and a shock cord with a hook at each end.  I think that'll block the rain and any unwanted wind or sun.  The top edge uses the 'sail track' aluminium groove just like the awning proper (there is one on the top edge for the awning and the bottom edge for our extra bit).

The 3M x 3M awning is mounted using the Tech Trek brackets (thanks Paul).  The awning cost about $180 with a single side wall https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2M-3M-Car-Side-Awning-Extension-Roof-Rack-Top-Tents-Side-Shades-Camping-4X4-4WD/351933440494?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649.  We bought an extra side wall (about $35) and cut it down for the triangular gap filling.  SWMBO did the sewing :)

Who is SWMBO???

Gumb

2015 Pajero NX GLS

smahoney79