Author Topic: Query: Fridge Monitors  (Read 411 times)

Offline William_Foster

• View Profile
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Tvan
Query: Fridge Monitors
« on: January 17, 2019, 11:59:09 PM »
Does anyone know of a fridge monitor that supports both ARB fridges and Waeco fridges? I don't really want to have to set-up a different monitor for each fridge.

Offline Frankrhona

• View Profile
Re: Query: Fridge Monitors
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 06:13:31 PM »
Hi William,

If you are after a temperature monitor with actual, max and min, I have found the Companion WTR001 Wireless Fridge Thermometer very good. I simply put the sender in the fridge and  have the monitor in the front console. Both work on AAA batteries so I do not need to carry any special batteries if it ever goes flat. Both the ambient temperature and the fridge temperature are within 0.2C of each other which is far better than the Waeco (wired) version I previously use that was more than 1.2C different. The wireless range is not great,but it works up to 8m with the fridge in the back of the Patrol and the monitor on the Tvan kitchen bench. Easy to reset if out of range ( remove both batteries then replace one them the other). However, on more than one occasion it has automatically reset when I have taken the monitor out of range and then back.

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/Companion-WTR001-Wireless-Fridge-Thermometer/1948645751

Cheers,
Andrew
Andrew & Clare
2005 ZD30 Patrol
2006 Canning Tvan

Offline William_Foster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 12:28:37 AM »
Thanks for the feedback Andrew, by chance does that model give you a voltage reading?

Offline monktm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 06:14:54 AM »
Google blue tooth fridge monitor
As there are some blue tooth options out there that way you can check it out on your phone

Offline William_Foster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 08:53:56 PM »
Thanks all for the feedback, I ended up buying the specific ARB one as it also shows me the voltage.

Offline monktm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 06:51:01 AM »
Thanks all for the feedback, I ended up buying the specific ARB one as it also shows me the voltage.
Sounds good . I also have a battery monitor and it’s Bluetooth also so I don’t have to move to check bolts plus can check all batteries whilst driving van and car