News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

RHS Nose Cone slide draw mod

Started by VK3GJM, January 31, 2019, 11:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VK3GJM

Hi All,

I wanted to gain more volume area for the same items stored in the tray, but better secured when travelling.

This is my take on adding a secondary shelf.

Regards

Gerald
Savannah Scout.
Discovery 4, 3.0ltr 8 speed, fitted out for long range touring. Fitted with Codan Envoy X2 HF & 9350 Autotune Antenna, VHF/UHF all mode.

Harry Lissimore

I opted for 2 double deep drawers supplied from Track, and I store 4 jerrycans of fuel when required on the slide.

The drawers are only half full and contain things like anderson plug leads and adapters and other electrical stuff, small bits and pieces boxes and the like.

H
Formerly 2002 TVAN, now a 2015 Topaz Savannah and 2014 Isuzu MU-X LST. Now towing with a 2019 Toyota LC200 GXL.

Chuin

Nice mod Gerald. DIY job - if so where did materials come from?
I've installed a water filter on the back wall of my compartment and I'm thinkin a second support system would provide some added protection
2018 Topaz Savannah/2014 Isuzu MU-X

VK3GJM

Thanks for the feedback,

I am a big DIY person, I have the capacity to make most things from roar material and even bend up any form of metal.

Aluminium profile is readily available in most sizes and lengths. I had a heap laying around.

You can purchase small and short lengths of Aluminium at Bunnings, a hack saw and jig saw with some pop rivits makes a good protection cover at low cost.

Regards

Gerald
Savannah Scout.
Discovery 4, 3.0ltr 8 speed, fitted out for long range touring. Fitted with Codan Envoy X2 HF & 9350 Autotune Antenna, VHF/UHF all mode.