News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Flush water tanks on MK3 Murranji

Started by travelpro, February 09, 2019, 09:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

travelpro

What is the quickest and easiest way to flush out the water tanks on my 2012 MK3 Murranji?
Toyota Landcruiser GXL 76 series, 2012 Murranji MKIII

joga

Siphon the existing water out, as per the Tvan manual.
Refill tank/s, repeat process.

I tried putting a hose on the filter fitting and putting compressed air into the tanks.
That did not work anywhere near as well as sucking on the hose and letting it flow.
Joe & Gay
2016 Prado shoved along by a 2014 Murranji

travelpro

Hi Joe,
My manual doesn't give me the instructions on how to siphon the water out. Can I disconnect the hose where the filter is and drain from there?
Toyota Landcruiser GXL 76 series, 2012 Murranji MKIII

MarkA

In my mk3 there's a filter Under the rear LH side near the batter box. I simply fit a small drill pump to the tank side (normal household hose fitting) add Milton bottle wash to the tank and cycle it back through the filler for 10 to 15 min. Then pump it out onto the garden. Refill tanks again drain. Refill and it's ready to go.
200 series LandCruiser
Canning Mk 3
And a Mountian of stuff I don't think we need but apparently it's vital camp equipment.

RobertD

As stated by MarkA the best way to drain the tanks is to disconnect the filters which are found underneath the Tvan at the back on the passenger side.  I then attach a Gardenia type hose fitting into the appropriate part of the Tvan water line then attach a hose again with a Gardenia type fitting and then siphon out the water tank.   This works well and probably takes about 10 minutes.  You can the refill the tank with the chemicals suggested and repeat the draining procedure.
Previously I used the hand pumps to empty the tank however this is very detrimental to the pump mechanism. Siphoning is the way to go.
Robert,  Landcruiser 200, Tvan Murranji

Digger

I have always cleaned my tanks with 2l of white vinegar and place 3 marbles in the tank ,take the van for a quick drive and then flush with fresh water. Leave the marbles in the tank as they will roll around and stop any slug from building up on the bottom of the tank  .

Trex

you can still buy marbles ? ...  My mk2 has a drain hose with an isolator valve for the forward tank. The rear tank has nothing but it wouldn't be hard to cut a line and put a tee in with another ball-valve. Marbles in the tank are a good idea though.
Landcruiser 100 (HDJ100) towing 2005 TVAN Murranji

weonatvan

I went to an irrigation shop and bought the same style/brand filter as the TVan one. I assume the Big Green Shed would also have them.

I attached a metre long 13mm hose to the end which is the opposite mate (the larger housing) to that on the tank side of the van.

With the tank full, I unscrew the filter housing, remove filter cartridge, and screw on my new filter housing/drain hose. With the end of the hose on the ground I simply let the tank syphon out. Repeat on the second tank. Done. If you don't attach a hose, the tank will no fully syphon empty as the van filter is too high.

Hmmm....... marbles ah? Off to the toy store we go.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MK III 2012 Murranji,  MY14 auto rok (VW Amarok)

"You don't know, what you don't know"

Cheers dave