News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Mark 5 full annex

Started by cmwharris, April 27, 2019, 03:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmwharris

Hi all

My wife and I are on the verge of buying a new Tvan (very excited :)) and are considering the full canvas annex. We wont use it often but about once or twice per year we like to spend 2 - 3 weeks in one spot near the beach so would appreciate the extra space during an extended stay. My question is to anyone who has the full annex on a mark 5 (with front boot) how well does it seal up to keep the mozzies etc out. The main use the full annex on our current camper gets is to sit in it by the beach with all the windows up enjoying the view and breeze without getting eaten alive.

Any insights would be appreciated

Regards

Craig

Pete930

Hey Craig I can't speak for the MK5 but we have the MK 111 and use the full canvas annexe set up quite a lot, usually anything over 3 nights and we use it.

I would not say it's mozzie proof by any means, you can get a great fit along the side of the Tvan down to the front storage box.
The sidewalls that go around the front box area do have a few gaps, the end walls are great and have sufficient room to cover the ground at the bottom very well.
The full side wall with doors and windows fits the same, right to the ground with a bit of overlap. The screen material they use is midge proof and very very tough. A draught shirt can also be fitted and once again you can tuck it under at ground level under c gear matting and the like.

Realistically it fits well apart from around the front box area, our panel there has access to the front box as we run one of the fridges in there. If this was a solid side panel then would seal better for bugs.

Do we have any issues with mozzies etc ? Not one, we use a strip lighting setup that you can change the colour to amber and that keeps the bugs at bay as well.

By all means become one of the few that use the full annexe setup it's well worth it, as far as setup time, just practise, we are around 18mins for a full setup of the COMPLETE annexe with c gear matting to boot.

Go for it fella you'll love it

Pete

cmwharris

Pete

Thanks for the enthusiastic vote of confidence for the full annex. We have one on our current soft floor camper and love it. 18  minutes is nothing for the extra space if you are staying for a while.

Will keep ticking boxes on the order form.....its only money

Craig

hulbyw

The fridge wall on a Mk5 maybe works better than a Mk3 as there are press studs on the top of the front box (don,t have a Mk3 so unsure what the setup is). We had a full annexe on our Mk4 but just the quick awning on the Mk5. However if you are in one spot for a while, the canvas awning is great. Everything is a compromise. Quick awning goes up very fast but doesn,t have the coverage or walls of the canvas awning which takes longer to put up.
Cheers

Tardis Travellers

Craig

We have a MK4 with the full annex and skirt and find it very good especially for longer stays some times up to a month.
Even during heavy rain and cold weather we find the annex roomy and comfortable. We don't have any problems with mozzies
Its suit us and we don't mind the bit of extra time to put it up. All our poles are marked for correct length and have also purchased a RAAWcon awning connection which keeps the annex roof nice and tight ( stops the belly in the roof we some times got with rain and uneven ground ). We believe money well spent  :D :D

Howezit

Quote..and have also purchased a RAAWcon awning connection which keeps the annex roof nice and tight ( stops the belly in the roof we some times got with rain and uneven ground ). We believe money well spent  :D :D
Was it their "4 pole conversion kit" that you bought?.. for around $70?
And I assume you needed to buy the extra top interconnecting poles as well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Graham & Debbie Howe
Driving : Nissan Patrol 4.2 TDi
Towing : Tvan Tanami Mk4

cmwharris

Thanks for the info re the annex on the mark 4. Very useful.

Tardis Travellers

We bought our converstion kit at a camping show after speaking to the manufacturer
We purchased what he suggested not sure which one as this was a couple of years ago.
Yes you are right we did purchase the interconnecting poles separately.

sknight1

I have a Mark 4 Firetail with full annexe, and for extended stays it is well worth the extra coverage. I don't have a Quick Cover fold out awning, but for extended stays I reckon I'd still go the full annexe.
2017 Mark 4 Firetail