Author Topic: Weight Restricted Roads - It doesn't apply to me (Does it?)  (Read 208 times)

Offline The Landy

• View Profile
    • XPLORE
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Tvan
Weight Restricted Roads - It doesn't apply to me (Does it?)
« on: March 11, 2019, 11:38:03 AM »
Weight restricted roads are appearing with increasing frequency and I believe this is a potential trap for many driving some of the more popular 4WD vehicles on the market these days...

I put some thoughts on the topic in a blog on our website recently and you can read more about it here.

thelandy.com/2019/03/04/weight-restricted-roads-it-doesnt-apply-to-me-does-it

Like they say, a problem is never a problem, until it becomes one; this has all the hallmarks of a problem lying dormant and ready to catch people out.

Cheers, Baz - The Landy
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 11:56:36 AM by The Landy »
Baz - The Landy
www.thelandy.com

Offline DavidCee

• View Profile
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Topaz
Re: Weight Restricted Roads - It doesn't apply to me (Does it?)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 08:53:18 PM »
Hell Baz,
The sign you have depicted in your article is a ‘No trucks’ sign, with a limit. Road Rule 104 applies to this. When you look up the definition of a truck it is a vehicle primarily designed for the carriage of goods. Therefore caravanners have nothing to worry about with those signs.
The only signs that relate to caravanners are weight limit signs under section 252 of the Road Safety Vehicle Regulations. Such signs are usually found on older wooden bridges and apply to all vehicles -And natuurally one would be wise to heed those signs..
2011 Topaz
2010 Dmax